What I'm stitching

Old September 27th 12, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

Default What I'm stitching

After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting
married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula
Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown
Old September 27th 12, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia

"ndjoan" wrote in message
After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting
married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula
Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Nice design, Joan.....I like the image in the mirror!

I just started one of the Quaker Balls by Amaryllis Artwork, designed. by
Denise Pratt.

http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/it...l?item=12-1682

The stitching will be easy but putting it together will be a challenge!

Mavia

Old September 29th 12, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

On Thursday, 27 September 2012 11:32:30 UTC-4, ndjoan wrote:
After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting

married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula

Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95

--

Joan

See my needlework he

http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Working on a Sweetheart Tree wedding sampler for my niece who is getting married next June, Lynn Nicoletti's Neptune, a Halloween biscornu (dang, can't remember the designer), a round robin for Guild, and other odds and sods.

MargW
Old September 30th 12, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/29/12 2:18 PM, MargW wrote:
On Thursday, 27 September 2012 11:32:30 UTC-4, ndjoan wrote:
After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting

married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula

Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95

--

Joan

See my needlework he

http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Working on a Sweetheart Tree wedding sampler for my niece who is getting married next June, Lynn Nicoletti's Neptune, a Halloween biscornu (dang, can't remember the designer), a round robin for Guild, and other odds and sods.

MargW

I'm working on September Sampler from Cedar Hill. It's going very quickly.
Otherwise, I'm knitting some "saved" wool (found the skein at Goodwill
for a $1) to try felting again.

Cheryl
Old October 6th 12, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 9/27/12 11:32 AM, in article , "Joan Erickson"
wrote:

After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting
married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula
Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95

Very nice, Joan. What excitement for you!

Ellice

Old October 12th 12, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

Working on a Sweetheart Tree wedding sampler for my niece who is getting married next June, Lynn Nicoletti's Neptune, a Halloween biscornu (dang, can't remember the designer), a round robin for Guild, and other odds and sods.

MargW

Ha, ha. I see that Ellice confessed that her Neptune is still unfinished. LOL Come on, you can do it!

I look at mine every day and it still makes me smile.

As for what I am stitching? Not what I want to be stitching, but actually am stitching: pre-work for my classes at EGA National Seminar in Santa Fe, trying to work on the same EGA project as Ellice, a project for a guild class in February (this is about to take over everything - I am terrible with deadlines), and one thing for fun which I am enjoying - Laura Perin's Pacific Coast Collage - a canvas project with an otter and monarch butterfly and assorted other things that remind me of my time living on Central Coast.

Donna in Virginia

Old October 17th 12, 03:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

MargW

Hey Marg,

I just recently was looking at my stash of UFOs, and saw my Neptune! You'd

be the 3rd RCTNer to do it, as Donna finished hers about 5 years ago, IIRC.

Mine has been relaxing at the about 85% done stage for quite some time, but

I'm thinking of finally finishing him. We could all compare pictures - I

think I may have some on RCTNP, though they may be quite old.

I have a new piece that needs to get going really soon, as it's been waiting

for a while, and it's a class for our EGA chapter to be finished in January.

OOPs. Lately I haven't had time to stitch anything though - mostly I'm

looking at stitching....lots of looking at stitching....editing stitching

diagrams....looking at projects....soliciting projects....looking at

projects.....looking at projects....looking at projects....reading about

projects.....wishing I were actually stitching projects.....

Ellice

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, Ellice.

The Neptune piece is mostly finished - it just needs the beads, and, of course, I don't have the colours it calls for.

On the other hand, I just got the beads for the Sweetheart Tree wedding sampler and have been busily adding those. I'm about 90% finished, then comes the framing. Luckily I'm in no great rush since the wedding isn't until next June.

The piece that I would like to get done, and I know I won't make it is the Halloween biscornu. I've finished the first side, and have to get the second side stitched, and the thing put together. If I get the Round Robin done, maybe, just maybe I can get the biscournu finished.

MargW
Old October 18th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:32:30 PM UTC-3, ndjoan wrote:
After a brief foray into needlepoint, I'm back to cs. My DD is getting married next year so I'm stitching "Through a mother's eyes" by Paula Vaughan: http://tinyurl.com/8v7sd95 -- Joan See my needlework he http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan If worries can cure your sickness, prolong your life, or replace happiness, then go ahead and worry! If they can't, why worry? Enjoy every moment of your life...there is no second chance. Unknown

That is such a beautiful piece - your daughter will absolutely love it.

Sharon (N.B.)
Old October 18th 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ndjoan

On 10/18/2012 9:55 AM, Sharon wrote:

That is such a beautiful piece - your daughter will absolutely love it.

I hope so. She also does some cs, so she's one who will appreciate my
efforts!

--
Joan

See my needlework he
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

Unknown

Stitching away Cheryl Isaak Needlework 70 August 20th 09 05:28 PM
stitching anything? anne Needlework 56 November 14th 08 12:22 PM
What we're stitching now... 2 Amber Needlework 15 June 19th 06 02:18 PM
what we're stitching now Jere Williams Needlework 2 November 9th 05 11:16 AM
If you are behind in your stitching!! Fred Needlework 9 October 2nd 03 04:48 PM