Starting the traditional war

Old October 6th 12, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default Starting the traditional war

On 9/29/12 1:00 PM, in article ,
"Fran" wrote:

Mayo is mayo is mayo. That said, I prefer the flavor of Hellman's.

DH is all about the Hellman's. Though I confess, since discovering Duke's
in NC, which we can get here in VA, I've switched to their low-fat variety.

None of that nasty other stuff will ever cross our household threshold.

We were taught to lick the floss in Japanese Embroidery class. Also
told what not to eat to keep the saliva nuetral. I sometime do,
sometimes don't, depends on the condition of the floss at the end of
the thread.

This makes me feel so much better - the things I've missed since I haven't
really had time to come 'round for a visit. Glad to see this tidbit about
your Japanese Embroidery class. I'm also in the sometimes category.
Confession is it just depends on the project, and the thread.

Even with my machine, I actually don't - I do however, use really sharp
scissors to cut the thread and put it through the needle, most of the time.

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:46:30 -0700, Karen C wrote:

Has anyone seen the new "Scarlet Letter" commercial for Miracle Whip?

And while we're at it, I think we should all lick our floss while
sucking on a big blob of mayonnaise!

Glad to see Karen stirring up some floss salad ;^)

Ellice

Old October 7th 12, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

Just to let you know - Duke's and Hellman's are made by the same
company.

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 20:44:31 -0400, "Ellice K."

Old October 7th 12, 09:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
fran

wrote:

Even with my machine, I actually don't - I do however, use really sharp
scissors to cut the thread and put it through the needle, most of the time.

Same here. I've found a pair of very sharp scissors works better to
get rid of the very fine threads you can't see that make it hard to
thread the needle.
Old October 8th 12, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 10/7/12 4:12 PM, in article ,
"Fran" wrote:

Just to let you know - Duke's and Hellman's are made by the same
company.

Well, that will make DH happy. But, that's also fairly recent, Duke's was a
strictly Southern brand, that I started using years ago when I lived in the
real south, not here.

Thanks for sharing.

Ellice

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 20:44:31 -0400, "Ellice K."
wrote:

On 9/29/12 1:00 PM, in article
,

Old October 8th 12, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

On 10/7/2012 5:53 PM, Ellice K. wrote:
............ Duke's was a
strictly Southern brand, that I started using years ago when I lived in the
real south, not here.

Thanks for sharing.

Ellice

What, exactly is the "real south"????? After living 'there' for over
eleven years, I'm pretty sure what the locals think but I'd like to hear
your take :-)). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary _/\___/\_

my flame war philosophy Queen of Squishies Quilting 14 November 25th 05 02:57 PM
civil war reproductions YvetteMichele Quilting 3 February 22nd 05 12:45 PM
OT War for the Spring Season :-) Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 141 March 26th 04 02:24 PM
Flame war defined! Fred Needlework 1 August 10th 03 08:42 PM
Flame war defined! Fred Needlework 0 August 10th 03 11:14 AM