Nov. 25

Old November 28th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Default Nov. 25

I am making exactly NOTHING for Christmas this year! Last year I sent
quilts to each great niece and great nephew, all 100% hand made whole
cloth quilts, all to fit twin-size beds, and got a thank you from two
of them, who are delighted and who are using the quilts on their
beds. From the other two, I have never received even an
acknowledgement, and only know they actually got them because I sent
the packages insured with return receipts. For all I know the dogs
are using them. (They're very nice dogs, but that's not the point.)

A couple of months ago I mailed a rag quilt in Christmas colors to one
of my nieces, and she was very pleased, so that was nice. (She has
almost no Christmas decorations and a very small budget, so I thought
a Christmas quilt to toss on the sofa might be a good thing.)

This year? I am making myself a pair of handknit wool socks, and
working on a quilt for my house.
Old November 28th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Nov 25, 8:29*pm, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

As Taria knows, it's one month until Dec. 25,
aka Christmas.
Anyone knocking themselves out to make quilty gifts?

Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Holidays: let the fun begin...
continue. *g

Cheers!

R/Sandy

Yes, I got off my pillowcase rut and finally finished up two quilts.
One for my daughter and one for my son for Christmas. Also made a
quilted tote for a penpal. I've been stuck in the sewing room for the
past two weeks for hours to get this all done but they are finally
done and ready to ship out to the kids. I think I need a break for
awhile now, at least for a few days anyway. : ) Donna
Old November 28th 10, 02:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

They really should be reminded of their manners.

I know that a reminded thank you doesn't remove the hurt, but perhaps a
note 'did you receive the quilt (they don't know that you know they
did') in their Christmas card, or the same question to their parents,
might make them remember to say thank you to people this year.

I should follow my own advice as I give gifts to certain family members
every year for Christmas and Birthday and know I wont get a thank you,
and it really bugs me. The males are usually the worst. In these days of
instant communication there really is no excuse.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old November 29th 10, 04:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Just knowing something arrives safe if it is mail is a big relief! You are
right about any acknowledgement.
Taria
Taria, I didn't mean a phone call wouldn't have been enough! Actually,
I'd have taken any acknowledgement of the gift, written or verbal. G

Old November 30th 10, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default gifts and thanks Nov. 25

Howdy!

Dear Aunt Mary,
I hope your lovely, loving gift did not get lost in transit.
Perhaps I forgot to send you my current mailing address.
Please let me know if you need my updated street addy
(I bet you have my number g).
Yours most sincerely,

Ragmop/Sandy - Queen of the Beggars

On 11/27/10 7:21 PM, in article
, "Mary"

Old December 1st 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

As long as it's not parents discriminating against a child, IMO some
favoritism is entirely justified! Once they're grown up, they should
be on their own!
Roberta in D

I agree, any kind of acknowledgement would be acceptable. I have made
each niece and nephew a needlepoint, lined stocking for their first
Christmas. My one brother has 3 children. Never even acknowledged
they were received. The other sibs, on the other hand, have always
gushed appreciatively and are always used each year. Same with the
quilt I made for same DB and SIL. I think the best I got was 'oh,
that's nice'. Hand quilted queen size quilt mind you. But having
grown up on the wrong side of favoritism, I just can't do for one and
not for all. But the quilt I just finished for one niece was a
'commission' so I don't feel guilty about not doing one for each of
them. And I'm sure DSIL and DN will be thrilled and appreciative.

Kim in NJ