Do you ever feel guilty...?

Old December 17th 04, 08:31 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Do you ever feel guilty...?

That you can't buy from everyone? I just wish I could buy something from
everyone's auctions or sites. I like their work and because I want to suppor
their art, but budget just won't dictate it. It's frustrating and I actually
feel guilty about it.

You?

--
Barbara

Old December 17th 04, 08:54 PM
Jalynne

ALL the freakin' time. And it's about to get worse, I think. I'm planning to go on
a trip to Australia in June 2007, as well as moving/buying a house in Fresno at the
same time, so it looks like I may have to get a part time job so we can have some
extra savings.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old December 17th 04, 08:57 PM
Diana Curtis

YES!
Dang.. its like being in the worlds biggest candy store and I want some of
this.. and one of those.. a couple of them.. and more of these...
And, I know if I buy a set I love it means passing up on all the others that
make me swoon. There are so many!!!
So, how do *you* make your choices, since you cant have them all?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 17th 04, 09:12 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I usually think long and hard about what project I could use the piece(s)
in. Hopefully by using up beads that are already in stock and are just
waiting for the right 'final touch'. Here's a good example:

Last year I got this really stupendous seafan from Cheryl. It's oranges and
yellows and had a tiny touch of gold dichro. I had an immediate reaction to
it and planned an entire necklace around it in an instant. So I got it. And
put it together with some Fire Opal S* crystals. I finally found just the
right color seed beads to go with it all and I hope to complete it into a
piece over the New Year's holiday. It's been over a year since I got the
seafan. :-)

B.

Old December 17th 04, 09:15 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I know the feeling. Jon and I have been hoarding frequent flyer miles and
want to do a trip to the UK once Avner is weaned. Serious bead-budget cuts
will happen in preparation for that trip, lol. Gotta have money to spend on
Tillerman Beads...and to take Shirley out for a night on the town!

B.

nk.net...

Old December 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Shirley Shone

Oh wow, I will have to get a new party dress when that happens.
Love
Shirley

In message , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
writes
I know the feeling. Jon and I have been hoarding frequent flyer miles and
want to do a trip to the UK once Avner is weaned. Serious bead-budget cuts
will happen in preparation for that trip, lol. Gotta have money to spend on
Tillerman Beads...and to take Shirley out for a night on the town!

B.

ink.net...

Old December 17th 04, 10:06 PM
Su/Cutworks

Barbara wrote:

I know the feeling. Jon and I have been hoarding frequent flyer miles and
want to do a trip to the UK once Avner is weaned. Serious bead-budget cuts
will happen in preparation for that trip, lol. Gotta have money to spend

on
Tillerman Beads...and to take Shirley out for a night on the town!

Well, you can save at least a few nights hotel bills by stopping with us on
the boat if you're planning on seeing the North of England. Which you must
see. All those castles! And the SH*D.

-Su

Old December 17th 04, 10:21 PM
Su/Cutworks

Barbara wrote:

That you can't buy from everyone? I just wish I could buy something from

everyone's
auctions or sites. I like their work and because I want to suppor their

art, but
budget just won't dictate it. It's frustrating and I actually feel

guilty about it.

I don't feel guilty that I can't support everyone, but I do feel frustrated
sometimes when there's some set of beads that really speak to me and I know
they're not going to be mine.

Anyone who is an artist feels grateful, or should, for the verbal and
emotional support that people give. I know I do. If it weren't for that
support which is in some ways more precious than cash, many people including
me would not be doing anything with their talent or skills. Money is great
and that kind of support is wonderful but sometimes when things are just
dire, having someone tell you that you're talented or your work is stunning
really keeps the lights on and the muse from starving.

-Su

--
Tillerman eBay shop: http://stores.ebay.com/thetillermanbeads
Tillerman website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk

Old December 17th 04, 10:34 PM
susiegibson

ditto

--

susie gibson

http://www.reachone.com/sgibson/

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
That you can't buy from everyone? I just wish I could buy something from
everyone's auctions or sites. I like their work and because I want to suppor
their art, but budget just won't dictate it. It's frustrating and I actually
feel guilty about it.

You?

--
Barbara

---

Old December 18th 04, 02:10 AM
Christina Peterson

Oh yes. And what makes it worse is knowing the at any moment an artist make
stop making a certain style, and it won't be available again. And worse, if
it didn't sell well.

Tina

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
That you can't buy from everyone? I just wish I could buy something from
everyone's auctions or sites. I like their work and because I want to

suppor
their art, but budget just won't dictate it. It's frustrating and I

actually
feel guilty about it.

You?

--
Barbara

Bead guilty pleasures Beadseeker Beads 37 August 24th 04 05:08 PM
[OT] I feel so dumb Bacchae Beads 10 March 14th 04 05:44 AM
how do you feel about copper? Pam Beads 22 February 27th 04 08:59 PM
How does it make you feel? Diana Curtis Beads 154 January 8th 04 06:01 AM
OT - feel like sharing this, too! Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 5 August 22nd 03 03:49 AM