OT (?) How many items do you have on display

Old December 3rd 04, 03:09 PM
anne

Default OT (?) How many items do you have on display

I used to kid my sister that she never met a wall she didn't like because her
homes had so many needlepoint pictures. Janet's message about her successful
insurance claim for her needlework got me thinking. With pad and pen in hand, I
went through my home and inventoried what I had hanging and on tables. When I
added things up, I was astounded to find that over the years, I had done 58
projects that I deemed worthy of display. The number is inflated by many, many
small (5x7 or less) items and doesn't include 'failed' experiments and things I
gave away.

How many of your projects do you have on display?

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old December 3rd 04, 03:51 PM
Becky Andresen

*chuckles* A quick count downstairs...and the answer is ONE!

But then, I've only been married for five months...and prior to that I was
the typical destitute college student. Now that I live in a real house with
a real husband (who earns real money!), I actually have leisure time.

Still...I've got a big stack of kits and loose fabric sitting in a box, just
waiting for me. Give me a few years, ladies...and I might be able to catch
up!

Riiiiight...

Becky A.

"anne" skrev i melding
ws.com...

Old December 3rd 04, 04:28 PM
Margaret St. John

In article om, anne wrote:
I used to kid my sister that she never met a wall she didn't like because her
homes had so many needlepoint pictures. Janet's message about her successful
insurance claim for her needlework got me thinking. With pad and pen in hand, I
went through my home and inventoried what I had hanging and on tables. When I
added things up, I was astounded to find that over the years, I had done 58
projects that I deemed worthy of display. The number is inflated by many, many
small (5x7 or less) items and doesn't include 'failed' experiments and things I
gave away.

How many of your projects do you have on display?

It depends on the time of year. I have 2 cross stitch pictures up year round
and a Christmas Cross Stitch that is only up now. I also have 4 magnets on the
fridge. Everything else has been given away (excpet the barettes , but I
don't have them on display). Maybe I should.
-Margaret

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///
Old December 3rd 04, 04:51 PM
Farleyaw

I have 6 things framed and hanging on my walls. I have 50 some finished pieces
in a box in my closet - some big, some little, some spectacular, some
common........I have an incredible stash. I think I'll take lessons from
others' heartaches and record what I have. Oh, and I told all my friends and
family that when it's my time to go, it's all going with me! - just dig me an
extra big hole and dump it all in with me.

Anne
Old December 3rd 04, 04:58 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Not that much of my own stitching (I tend to give it away). But I have
a number of pieces (10 if memory serves) done by my DM. All of them
have special meaning and are irreplaceable as DM past away seven years ago.

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

Old December 3rd 04, 06:11 PM
Shirley Shone

Never got around to counting them, cross stitch, long stitch,
needlepoint, beaded tassels, beaded bottles, beaded boxes, parchment
craft and bobbin lace. Not forgetting wool wrapping.
Shirley

In message om, anne
writes

Old December 3rd 04, 06:21 PM
MParenteau

At any given time, between my wife (Karen) and myself, we have approximately
100 stitched items on display. Some are seasonal and get rotated. Our main
hallway upstairs has been turned into a "stitching gallery" with over 50
pieces on display. These are pretty much permanent and don't get rotated.

Michael F. Parenteau

Old December 3rd 04, 07:17 PM
Mira

We have 7 framed pieces hanging on display right now, 2 are about to be put
in frames, 23 are finished but not framed yet.

Mira

http://home.comcast.net/~miralyn

Old December 3rd 04, 08:20 PM
Karen C - California

Not many. Most of my creations are given away.
--
Finished 11/17/04 - Pets are People Too
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 3rd 04, 09:00 PM
Denise Jackson Walker

anne wrote:
I used to kid my sister that she never met a wall she didn't like because her
homes had so many needlepoint pictures. Janet's message about her successful
insurance claim for her needlework got me thinking. With pad and pen in hand, I
went through my home and inventoried what I had hanging and on tables. When I
added things up, I was astounded to find that over the years, I had done 58
projects that I deemed worthy of display. The number is inflated by many, many
small (5x7 or less) items and doesn't include 'failed' experiments and things I
gave away.

How many of your projects do you have on display?

Not very many anymore. I mostly have my drawings hanging up. I drew my
children when they were little and took down the cross-stitching
pictures. I steel have them here, though, tucked away safely until I'm
ready to rehang them. ~~Denise

***FS Display Cases & Stands - Easels - Risers - Ornament Stands*** DISPLAY ANYTHING! Marketplace 0 August 29th 04 10:08 PM
***FS Display Cases and Stands*** DISPLAY ANYTHING! Glass 0 August 29th 04 10:06 PM
**Display Cases, Display Stands and more for your crafts** Good Buy Girls Marketplace 0 April 4th 04 10:18 PM
New Display meijhana Beads 8 January 27th 04 06:44 AM
FA: Various craft items NR John P. Marketplace 0 August 2nd 03 01:17 AM