Too hot for yarn?

Old June 21st 11, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

Default Too hot for yarn?

That's the way I kind of feel. Not too many projects going on right now. I
do have a hat I machine knitted from a hand knit pattern. I just need to
learn the "smiles and frowns" cast off to get it finished.

Lynne

Old June 22nd 11, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Jun 21, 8:47*pm, "King's Crown" wrote:
That's the way I kind of feel. *Not too many projects going on right now. *I
do have a hat I machine knitted from a hand knit pattern. *I just need to
learn the "smiles and frowns" cast off to get it finished.

Lynne

Hallo Lynne , in former years we used ti knit in winter and embroider
in summer , after all we live in a warm land.
Now with all the A/C in public transport, i find i can easily knit
even wool. But i am also pleased with the Wonderful cottons one can
find now in the shops, and the A/C makes people wear cotton shawls.
some years ago i knitted myself a Cotton vest which i carry with me to
wear in Transport and lecture halls [ i can`t concentrate on a lecture
when i freeze ]
What is this nice sounding `cast off` like.
Ps the last years i enjoy finishing my knits with ` little tooth`
mirjam
Old June 22nd 11, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan[_2_]

On Jun 21, 12:47*pm, "King's Crown" wrote:
That's the way I kind of feel. *Not too many projects going on right now. *I
do have a hat I machine knitted from a hand knit pattern. *I just need to
learn the "smiles and frowns" cast off to get it finished.

Where do you live, Lynne? I live in North Dakota and we've had a very
cool, wet spring! This 2nd day of summer we're expecting a "high" of
62.

I *just* finished last night a baptism gown for my granddaughter which
is made out of alpaca/silk yarn. It's soooo soft! I loved working
with it.

Joan
Old June 23rd 11, 11:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

I *just* finished last night a baptism gown for my granddaughter which
is made out of alpaca/silk yarn. *It's soooo soft! *I loved working
with it.

Joan

Congratulations Joan
mirjam
Old June 24th 11, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan[_2_]

On Jun 23, 5:06*am, mirjam wrote:
I *just* finished last night a baptism gown for my granddaughter which
is made out of alpaca/silk yarn. *It's soooo soft! *I loved working
with it.

Joan

Congratulations Joan
mirjam

Thanks, Mirjam. I need to transfer pictures from my camera to the
computer to free up some space on the memory card and then I'll be
able to take pictures of it and her in it to put on my webshots
album. Will keep you posted.

Joan
Old June 25th 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"NDJoan" wrote in message
On Jun 21, 12:47 pm, "King's Crown" wrote:
That's the way I kind of feel. Not too many projects going on right now. I
do have a hat I machine knitted from a hand knit pattern. I just need to
learn the "smiles and frowns" cast off to get it finished.

Where do you live, Lynne? I live in North Dakota and we've had a very
cool, wet spring! This 2nd day of summer we're expecting a "high" of
62.

I *just* finished last night a baptism gown for my granddaughter which
is made out of alpaca/silk yarn. It's soooo soft! I loved working
with it.

Joan

I'm in Northern California and we also had a cool wet spring. Unusual for
me not to turn the A/C on in March or April. The first time it came on was
middle of June. Loved the lower electrical bill.

Lynne

Old June 25th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"NDJoan" wrote in message
On Jun 23, 5:06 am, mirjam wrote:
I *just* finished last night a baptism gown for my granddaughter which
is made out of alpaca/silk yarn. It's soooo soft! I loved working
with it.

Joan

Congratulations Joan
mirjam

Thanks, Mirjam. I need to transfer pictures from my camera to the
computer to free up some space on the memory card and then I'll be
able to take pictures of it and her in it to put on my webshots
album. Will keep you posted.

Joan

Would love to see the baptism gown. It sounds just lovely.

Lynne

Old June 25th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

I do have A/C, but I think it's just a frame of mind. I'm learning though
to push through it and enjoy my needle crafts.

Lynne

Old June 27th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
NDJoan[_2_]

On Jun 25, 2:49*pm, "King's Crown" wrote:

Would love to see the baptism gown. *It sounds just lovely.

As promised, here's the link:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...QeGBs?start=96

Joan
Old June 27th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
King's Crown[_3_]

"NDJoan" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 2:49 pm, "King's Crown" wrote:

Would love to see the baptism gown. It sounds just lovely.

As promised, here's the link:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...QeGBs?start=96

Joan

That is breathtaking! Just beautiful. Such great detail.

Lynne