quilts on barns!!

Old November 3rd 05, 07:18 PM
C & S

Default quilts on barns!!

Thanks Jeanne, what a nice site.
--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Fine style does not make something true, nor has a man a wise soul
because he has a handsome face and well-chosen eloquence.

Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)
"nzlstar*" wrote in message ...
http://www.grundycountyia.com/Quilt_...me%20Page.html

this is brilliant and a joy to behold!!
hugz,
jeanne
NAYY (for those newbies here No Affiliation Yadda Yadda).
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
Old November 3rd 05, 11:27 PM
Heather Michna

If you go back to the original website posted below..there is a page
withlinks to a few other quilt trails.
"nzlstar*" wrote in message
hot diggity, Heather.
this willl keep me out of trouble for another hour or so.
thanks for the heads up.
I wonder how many other trails like this are around the USA?
anyone else got any they know of in other states.
heck, any in other countrys?
woooohooooooo
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar

"Heather Michna" wrote...
Actually, now that I think about it, I think the article was about the
Tennessee quilt trail.

http://www.appalachianrcd.org/quilttrail/index.htm

"nzlstar*" wrote...

Old November 4th 05, 09:38 PM
extremevalues

I'm from extreme SE IA. Lee county... Ft Madison to be exact.
Sometimes I visit Kalona for the quilt shops. This summer we went to
Iowa City for a girls day at the mall. Otherwise, usually we drive
across the state on hwy 2 - from my mom's in Nebraska to my inlaws in
Ft Madison. Not much in the way of places to visit along hwy 2. I
guess the amish settlement along there might be good. I never have
stopped there. What is the name of that town..? Oh, I forget.

Where are you at? I assume much closer to Des Moines if you are only a
few counties away from the barns.

I'd love to know of other quilty places to visit if I were to take a
day out to look at the barns.

Carol in TX

remove spam to reply
Need therapy? Make a quilt!

Old November 4th 05, 10:10 PM
KJ

Gee, Carol....I'm in Iowa City! Coralville (where the mall is ) to be
exact. How far would Winterset and Fons and Porter's store be from Hwy 2?
Not far I bet. There is a GREAT quilt shop in Grinnell, which I think may
be IN Grundy County...or very close to it.
I grew up just up the river from you....Burlington. Let me know when you
take the trip again...we could certainly hook you up with a very quilty
itinerary!
KJ

oups.com...

Old November 4th 05, 10:41 PM
Julia in MN

There's a Pine Needles shop in Cedar Rapids. I haven't been to the Cedar
Rapids store, but I have been to their store in Cresco. The Cresco store
is very nice. I don't think Cedar Rapids would be much out of your way
if you're going from Iowa City to Grundy County.
http://www.pineneedles.net/index.html

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old November 5th 05, 03:07 AM
extremevalues

I'll definately let you know when I'll be up there again. We may make
three trips this year. Possibly twice this summer since I want to come
for my high school reunion, and my cousin gets married in October. I
could use some R&R on our family trek, and a quilty retreat would be
great. I think Winterset / Madison County is close to 80 west of Des
Moines, but I'm not exactly sure.

I'm surprised to find out you grew up in Burlington. That's too funny.
I grew up in West Point, and went to school in FM. I remember fondly
when they built the mall in W Burlington. It was so exciting to go to
the mall and eat at the food court. Small town girl experiences the
big time ( a mall with 2 anchor stores and two hallways). I remember
cruising Crapo, Steamboat days, concerts at memorial auditorium, going
to the Palace theater to watch the midnight showing of The rocky horror
picture show....... Wow, I'm really showing my age..........