Where is everyone?

Old October 22nd 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jo Pender

Default Where is everyone?

Hi all....?
I know I haven't checked the list as often as I would have liked, but
where is everyone? Is my machine just not collecting articles or is
this list empty?
I can't believe that this newsgroup has disbanded....?

--
Jo P
Malvern UK
Old October 22nd 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

I think that everyone is busy quilting these days Jo. Poats have been down
for some time.

Dee in Oz

Old October 22nd 08, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

We're still around, Jo. You can't get rid of us that easily. I do think the
number of posts has decreased considerably lately, but I think it's just
because everyone's so busy. So how are you doing?

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old October 22nd 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Hi there Jo, Nice to see you back. How are you doing?
It has been kind of quiet around here. I wonder if comcast
bailing out on newsgroups is part of it? Maybe everyone
is busy sewing?
Taria

Old October 23rd 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

I know I haven't checked the list as often as I would have liked, but
where is everyone? Is my machine just not collecting articles or is
this list empty?
I can't believe that this newsgroup has disbanded....?

It's much quieter. I suspect the reason is that some major US ISPs
have stopped providing Usenet, and Demon (one of the largest news
providers in the UK) is in terminal collapse with its news server
one of the first bits to completely disintegrate.

People who are really interested will find other providers easily
enough, as I've done. Then the traffic will pick up again.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old October 23rd 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
WitchyStitcher

I've been lurking only occasionally since school resumed. I've gotten
my longarm and have gotten in some practice time finishing up lots of
UFOs. I'm also taking two graduate courses towards another masters
degree - this time in digital media for the classroom. This has kept
me quite busy. I also see how far behind my school district is in
technology.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old October 23rd 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

In message , Jo Pender
writes
Hi all....?
I know I haven't checked the list as often as I would have liked, but
where is everyone? Is my machine just not collecting articles or is
this list empty?
I can't believe that this newsgroup has disbanded....?

I see you are with demon like me and they have mega problems with their
news group service.
It has been on and off now for a month. This is the first message I have
had in a week
If you go to their home page and look at the latest service statement it
will explain it.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old October 23rd 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I'm here Jo!
It has, as the others have said, been quiet for a few weeks.
I'm racing around, so I'm quite grateful - though I do miss my usual
rather full 'postbag' in the morning!
..
In message , Jo Pender
writes
Hi all....?
I know I haven't checked the list as often as I would have liked, but
where is everyone? Is my machine just not collecting articles or is
this list empty?
I can't believe that this newsgroup has disbanded....?

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 23rd 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

.
In message , Jo Pender
writes
Hi all....?
I know I haven't checked the list as often as I would have liked, but
where is everyone? Is my machine just not collecting articles or is
this list empty?
I can't believe that this newsgroup has disbanded....?

I've been away shooting a lot this month. The only sewing Ive
done recently is a jacket I made for myself for the trip to
Victoria (Aust), the way the weather was I'm glad I got it done
on time to take it with me! Last weekend I was in Cowra for
the NSW state titles, I'm state ladies champion in both rimfire
and field pistol again...

Otherwise I've been knitting a fair bit and playing taxi for DS,
to and from pre-school 5 afternoons a week, and letting the
sewing pile 'mature' a little if I could cut things out easier
I'd be sewing a lot more, but I have to crawl around on the floor
and the rroms in this house are not built for 5-8m lengths of
fabric, even 3m can be awkward if it's a wide fabric.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old October 23rd 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Ours was 'quirky' this past month. Then I suddenly didn't get anything at
all. It didn't even 'show' in the 'subscribe list'. so I de-listed, waited a
day, and then re-subscribed to it and there you were. In the meantime, I did
check Google and it showed that RCTQ was still there.
STRANGE

Butterfly (happy to be back)