I'm BAAAAAACK

Old September 29th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default I'm BAAAAAACK

Hi Guys,
So -- what has happened while I have been gone? I got loads
accomplished while at the cabin in Lizard Land, mostly quilting and
sewing for the SMDGD tho'!
I did get everything but the backstitching done on that airplane (a
Curtiss P-40 "Flying Tiger") I am stitching as a joint gift from Janet
(my stitchin' buddy) and MOI -- I stitch, Janet purchased fabric and
will do the framing. I am soooo glad that she picked out a lovely piece
of "over dyed" pale blue fabric. It was dyed in such a way that it
looks like it has lovely fluffy white clouds all over it :-). The chart
calls for stitching in bunches of clouds in a combination of full and
half cross stitches in one or two threads in three or four different
shades of blue! OY THE PAIN -- LOL. Janet and I decided that the
lovely fabric didn't need ANY cloudes stitched on it since it already
looked like it was covered with clouds! I need to finish off the
backstitching so I can give the piece to Janet when I see her next week.
Speaking of which -- CELEBRATION is next week -- YEAHHHHHHH! I'm so
excited to be going -- just wish we didn't have to drive so far. I'm
looking forward to the whole experience of a new Needlework Show, etc.
I really hope they have a good Market -- like I need to puy **anything**
related to needlework -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 30th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

Welcome back Tia Mary,
I also wanted to say thank you for the Kauai advice. My husband and
I had a wonderful trip, and we would love to go back someday. The beach
you mentioned at the end of the road was lovely, and Smith's laua
and river boat cruise were wonderful. Instead of the NaPali Coast boat
tour we chose to go on a helicopter tour. Neither of us had ever been on one.
That was absoultely amazing, you get to see everything that way. If we ever go
back
we plan on doing the boat tour. We also took the road down to spouting horn
and the national botanical garden, and enjoyed the little shops there. The
canyon is spectacular. All in all we saw lots of water falls, lots of beaches,
some beautiful hiking and way to many roosters. We even took a dip in the lava
pools at the secret beach which was the only injury of the trip. DH slipped
and bruised himeslef pretty badly, but ti didn't slow us down.
One week was not enough time. Your email was a great travel guide.
and had a wonderful time despite
spending time working on my homework in the evenings and attending class
(I'm working on
an online masters), then again doing homework out on our lanai was rather nice.
Some one else mentioned the Sticthery, we went there too and the fabric was
beautiful, its a quilt shop for anyone esle reading this.

We even found a shop that let you open your own fresh water oysters to find
perls. I found a pair of white, a pair of black, and a peach. DH surprised
me and had them mounted as a necklace, and a pair of studs, and a pair of
dangles. He said it was our anniversary and he wanted me to have somehting
I could use every day to remind me of our trip. Sometimes he really surprises
me.

Thanks again.
-Margaret

PS.
If Cheryl I and Bobbie V see this, yes I made a photobook at shutterfly.com
that you will be tortured with the next time I see you.

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o

|/\ / Let it snow!!
http://www.silverthorn.org/mstjohn
///
Old September 30th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Queencityxstitcher

PS.
If Cheryl I and Bobbie V see this, yes I made a photobook at shutterfly.com
that you will be tortured with the next time I see you.

And I look forward to being tortured!! LOL

Aya is doing well on her own in San Diego as well as Kaito. I am
mounting some of her needlework as well as DDil Irene's. I have also
nearly finished 2 (two) baby sweater sets for girls at work and I'm 3/4
done with the Noah's Ark cross stitch. I can wait to work on and finish
some of my WIPs for ME!!

Bobbie V.
Old September 30th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Margaret St. John wrote:
Welcome back Tia Mary,
I also wanted to say thank you for the Kauai advice. My husband and
I had a wonderful trip, and we would love to go back someday. ......
-Margaret

OOOOO -- I am soooo glad you had a great time :-). As for the
"indigenous (sp?) wildlife" (AKA roosters) we just call them all Kauai
Chickens since it just sounds good -- LOL! Also, did you notice how so
many buildings are painted the same shade of a dark botanical green?
The first building we really noticed painted that color was the old,
restored church in Haleiwa (I *think* that's the name of the town at the
bottom of the road down from Princeville). Anyway, now ANYTHING we see
painted that color ANYWHERE at all is called Kauai Church Green :-).
VBS -- I do miss our trips to the Islands and REALLY look forward to
being able to go moreoften once we are back living in Lizard Land! We
used to go every 2 or 3 years. Now we have only been ONCE in the last
NINE years -- far to long a time to be away from a place we truly love!!
Good luck planning your next trip -- I'm sure it will be as soon as
you can possibly afford it :-). Let me know when you start to plan and
I will try to help out again. Remember, we have visited all the islands
(well, except for Ni'ihau of course) and stayed several days on them all
except for Lanai. Lanai now has a really nice hotel so DH and I might
think about spending at least one night there on our next trip to the
Islands. If not, Lanai is a wonderful day trip from Maui and there are
several tour companies that provide really nice excursions! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old September 30th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2008-09-30, Tia Mary wrote:
Margaret St. John wrote:
Welcome back Tia Mary,
I also wanted to say thank you for the Kauai advice. My husband and
I had a wonderful trip, and we would love to go back someday. ......
-Margaret

snip
Good luck planning your next trip -- I'm sure it will be as soon as
you can possibly afford it :-). Let me know when you start to plan and
I will try to help out again. Remember, we have visited all the islands
(well, except for Ni'ihau of course) and stayed several days on them all
except for Lanai. Lanai now has a really nice hotel so DH and I might
think about spending at least one night there on our next trip to the
Islands. If not, Lanai is a wonderful day trip from Maui and there are
several tour companies that provide really nice excursions! CiaoMeow ^;;^

It'll be a while, but I'll definitely take you up on that whenever it is.
-Margaret

--
\\ o o
|\/ o\ o