Question - Jefferson TX Quilt Show

Old January 12th 05, 05:51 PM
QuiltiM

Default Question - Jefferson TX Quilt Show

Has anyone previously attended the "Stitch In Time" quilt show in Jefferson TX?
I live in San Antonio - is it worth the trip? Thanks - Mary
Old January 12th 05, 07:30 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Fellow guild members say it's "nice, small but nice"
but don't know that it's worth traveling from San Antonio
just for this show.
http://www.jefferson-texas.com/quiltshow.htm
Jefferson is a beautiful little place, good place
to spend the night in a b&b, check out dozens of "antique" shops,
drive around and enjoy the small-town atmosphere,
and get a burger at the Old Fashioned Hamburger Store
(I did all this last January). Do you have other "business" in Jefferson
this weekend? http://www.jefferson-texas.com/index.html

The bigger Dallas quilt show is worth the drive from S.A..
http://www.quiltersguildofdallas.org/quiltceleb.htm
Give us a holler when you head this way.
Here are a few others to consider:
http://www.aaqg.org/html1/quiltshows.php

Ragmop/Sandy--in Arlington, about 2 hrs. west of Jefferson ;-)

Old January 13th 05, 02:15 AM
Sherry Starr

I haven't been to it, but I think that DH & I will go. It's only about
70-80 miles for us, so it isn't bad. I don't know if I would come from San
Antonio for it. Some of the guild members have gone, and said that it isn't
bad, just small. I agree with Ragmop, save your time and money for the
Dallas show. Also, the Mesquite Quilt Guild show is in June.

Sherry Starr