How to find what is lost

Old September 7th 04, 12:36 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

Default How to find what is lost

I remember someone in this group had a "magic" method for finding lost
items.

Well, I bought this new quilting book. I read it. I skimmed through it
another time. I told my sister I bought it since I knew she was
interested in the book and would likely want to borrow it.

For my birthday she bought me the special rulers that one of the
projects uses.

So, naturally, now I cannot find the darn book. I've looked everywhere!

whine

Any good ideas?

marcella
Old September 7th 04, 12:48 AM
Sharon Harper

Tie your current dish towel around the leg of the kitchen table. Then have
another look. Once the item is found, throw the towel in the wash. Works
for me every time!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old September 7th 04, 01:03 AM
Don/Gen

Look inside other books. Ask me why! I had purchased a pattern of North
Pole Village while in Seattle. I had started on it, then put it aside.
Months later, no pattern to be found. I wrote Piece O Cake designs and they
had 1 left. I ordered it. Few months later, I pulled a few books to take
on a trip. Imagine my surprise when I opened one of them and there was the
lost pattern. I now have 2. Apparently it was in the bookcase and when
returning a book it got tucked inside.
Gen

Old September 7th 04, 01:08 AM
nzl*

maybe u'r sister borrowed it ? ;D
which book?
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Marcella Tracy Peek" wrote...

Old September 7th 04, 01:11 AM
MB

Perhaps it is the blood rushing to your head as you
bend down to tie the towel to the leg of the chair that
makes you remember???????...hmmmmm....
If so, I might just try standing on my head every day....!!!
I need it.
Mary

-- From Marcella
I remember someone in this group had a "magic" method for finding lost

items.

From Sharon:

Old September 7th 04, 01:51 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Buying another one, preferably non-returnable, always works for me. That's
how I found the installation disk for an old ethernet card on Saturday -- I
gave up, bought a new card, installed it, and immediately found the old
disk. :-0

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 7th 04, 02:15 AM
Diana Curtis

I cant find my current dish towel!!!
Now, what do I do?
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

u...

Old September 7th 04, 02:17 AM
hfw

Yup! That is exactly what works best for me, too.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
[...]

Can't find Needlework =8-O Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 6 April 5th 04 05:34 PM
Please help me find a source for a hinged slide zoe Jewelry 0 February 27th 04 04:25 AM
Lost wax casting of gold Peter Moreton Jewelry 3 December 20th 03 03:04 AM
Where can I find? Helen in WI Quilting 5 August 8th 03 02:23 AM
Which store to find the best prices ? Betty Delblond Needlework 16 July 28th 03 12:47 AM