Recent Work - new pics (featuring eBay finds, Valerie & Sarajane beads)

Old December 18th 03, 12:34 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Recent Work - new pics (featuring eBay finds, Valerie & Sarajane beads)

This is with lampwork beads from eBay. I made it for a good friend of mine
who loves to decorate for Hannukah - she has dozens of menorahs, so I
thought it was time she decorated herself! The necklace is about 30" -
Carol is a very tall and somewhat broad woman, so the length worked well for
her.

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...e/hannukah.jpg

This is a bracelet made with some of the BFNR beads from Valerie. I paired
them with some ethnic-style silver, irridescent peacock Czech glass daisy
and rondelle spacers and white opal Swarovski bicones. I made 2 of these,
one for me and one for a gift. This was a big design stretch for me,
believe it or not, combining so many different materials into one piece, but
I was VERY pleased with the outcome.

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je...leriebeads.jpg

And last, my Mom wanted one of those blue jean belt-loop charm things. She
loves shoes and often works part-time in a friend's shoe & gift store, so
when Sarajane put up some of her shoe beads on auction...well, here is the
result. Black Swarovski bicones, Colorado Topaz lentils, Czech glass and
lead-free pewter (itty bitty) daisy spacers.

http://www.penguintrax.com/Images/Je.../jeancharm.jpg

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old December 18th 03, 04:43 AM
Christina Peterson

I've never heard of this jeans belt loop charm. It's a great idea. Am I
seeing a loop in the middle of the charm, with a bar at the end to secure
it?

Tina

Old December 18th 03, 02:59 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Yes - there are different ways to make them, I guess. This seemed a little
bit different and classier than just an oversized lobster-claw to hook onto
the belt loop.

If you do a search on eBay for jean jewelry, you can see other examples!