Trying out some Halloween stuff.

Old September 17th 04, 07:35 PM
Diane Villano

I have an article in Polymer Cafe's fall issue on a carved Jack O'Lantern
pin with GITD features. I just hope the magazine comes out before
Halloween! I've also done little tombstone beads from Granitex with "RIP"
stamped into them. And candy corn beads from a bullseye cane. And
spiderweb cane slices. And a great little skull cane. Gee, I guess I done
more than I thought for Halloween.

Diane Villano
Bead&Button '04 Faculty (Polymer Clay)
Founding President, Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild
Grant Diffendaffer's teaching for us Oct 23-24!

"Arondelle" wrote in message
newsCz2d.20462$z_3.12246@trndny07...
~Candace~ wrote:
Is anyone else doing anything Halloween related with their clay?

I'd love
to hear all about it!

Old September 17th 04, 09:01 PM
~Candace~

Diane, I just had this flash of a miniature graveyard scene, splayed across
a table top, all done in polymer clay! (It was the tiny tombstones that did
it)
I think I'll call my local library and see if they would like a little
display to set up for Halloween.
And now I have to say a profound thanks, because I haven't had a project
idea like that since the 8th grade, and you tipped me off. Thank you!

~Candace~

Old September 17th 04, 09:12 PM
Diana Curtis

Ohhh little coffins with boney inhabitants.... tres cool Candace...
Try to tie it into a book if you can.. that helps encourage kids to read.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
news

Old September 18th 04, 02:46 AM
irish.red

I'm always thinking of Halloween. The roomie and I did a series of
Halloween clay tutorials in the October 2003 issue of PcPolyzine.

This year, I'm using wire to make trees that are between 2 1/2 and 3
feet tall. It's black electrical fence wire and just the perfect dusty
black color. T is making black spiders with bright PearlEx colors on the
bodies to hand and crawl up one tree. He's making some of his little
GITD ghosts to hang from the branches of another. I am making small jack
o' lanterns that will go all over the branches on one. The last one will
have strips of torn black garbage backs glued on the branches and GITD
eyeballs.

Kim

Old September 18th 04, 02:47 AM
irish.red

I forgot another project. I'm taking a class at Ready Stamps, learning
to make my own rubber stamps. I've made one sheet with spider webs, a
phantom, some bats and several jack faces.

Old September 18th 04, 02:49 AM
irish.red

Thomas saw what I was writing and told me about his switchplate idea.
He's going to cover a plate with black clay and sculpt a skeleton hand
out of GITD clay. The hand will look like it's reaching out to turn the
light on.

Old September 18th 04, 05:25 AM
~Candace~

I love the way you guys think, Irish! Sounds spooktacular! Will you have
trick or treaters to scare?

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 18th 04, 06:46 AM
irish.red

~Candace~ wrote:
I love the way you guys think, Irish!

Thanks!

Sounds spooktacular! Will you have
trick or treaters to scare?

No tricksters in our area. All adults, but we're in a condo now.
Everything we make is geared towards eventually moving into a house.
There's a lot of pc in what we make, but other stuff, too. Papier mache
rocks for the bigger stuff.

Another idea that hit me tonight was to make a buncha little jacks and
put them around a candlestick. The hits just keep on comin'

Kim

Old September 18th 04, 06:44 PM
Sjpolyclay

. I'm taking a class at Ready Stamps, learning
to make my own rubber stamps.

cool! I didn't know they were doing classes now!!! Give more info, please!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

AD ~ Halloween Specials and NEW stuff in the store! Mj Beads 1 October 29th 03 05:51 PM
Hallowe'en: OT Tink Beads 47 October 15th 03 12:36 AM
(completely and totally) "Stuff" meijhana Beads 11 October 7th 03 03:34 PM
Macy pic, beady things, other stuff - OT Tink Beads 10 July 4th 03 06:29 AM