Split rings question

Old August 8th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default sorta OT--- GFNR

We have not had one for a long time now. A lot of people stopped posting
and it has kind of been very flat.

I have not posted much this year, my creativity has been very low.
Due to my heart problems which have worsened since January.
Going to see my GP today for the results of my latest heart test which I
had two weeks ago.
Hugs
Shirley

In message
, Dr.
Sooz writes
Does anyone do group BFNRs here anymore?

~ Sooz

On Jul 31, 9:23*am, "Sarajane Helm" wrote:
Those of you who are new to this newsgroup may not have seen the "BFNR"
occurances before, or seen 'em and not known what they are. Well, it is
"Beads For No Reason" that sometimes we send to each other..just because.
Because we can, because we want to...because we like the person on the other
end. I have so many good friends right here that are dear to me, and yet
that I wouldnt recognize if met *on the street as we've never actually SEEN
each other.

Tina is one such friend to me. I love her for many reasons, mostly for the
insights and words she shares here in the newsgroup. But ALSO because she's
a sweetheart that has gifted me several times--and now with a lovely GFNR
package. Yep, labled right there on the envelope, "GFNR" and it was Ginseng
extract, for no reason other than she cares about me! What a great present.
I havent had any for many years, but on opening the cute glass jar (not
teeny, either) the smell was instantly recognizable and oh so welcome.
Rooty! Earthy! Warm! and energising in a such a gentle yet stimulating way.
Just like Tina (well, not the rooty part, and not the smell....but you know
what I'm going for here.)
Thank you my friend, this is a wonderful addition to my summertime. I feel
better already.
((((((((((((((SMOOOOOCHES!!!!)))))))))))
Sarajane

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old August 8th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default Split rings question

Well it is great to see you back. It must be ESP because I was laid in
bed this morning thinking of you and wondering how you were.
I never knew if your birthday card arrived or if you got my last e-mail.
Hugs
Shirley

In message
, Dr.
Sooz writes
What happened here that we can't say "buggers"? Is there some
moderator who'll bust us up? Or has it just gotten really ladyllike
while I've been away?

```````````````````````````````````````

On Jul 26, 10:23*am, melinda wrote:
Is there an easy way to 'open' them up to use?

I'm working on the necklace I posted a mock up
picture of a while ago, it requires 5 of these
difficult little bu**ers. *If anyone would like
to see the piture again, here it
ishttp://melinda-mullen.fotopic.net/p50507261.html

Thanks

There's also another pair of earrings there, the
present for my friend. *I need to take pictures
of a couple other things I've done since, but I'll
probably leave uploading until I've got this necklace
finished.... if I can work out these split rings...

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old August 8th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Christina Peterson

It must have been a couple years. I've never been organized enough to be a
good participant in the group ones. But it's more than that. It's less
playful here now, less juicy. I think some people, like you, have been
criticized for being passionate, and others have thus been nervous about
exposing themselves to that criticism. It's also been harder to keep up a
"conversation" because we have so many fewer voices. And I don't
necessarily want to answer everything just so that someone will. Though
I've been trying to make up for past absences. And future absence when I
will be out of state for 3 weeks. (Hope to see you in CA, and massage you).

Tina

Old August 8th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Replied by e-mail.

Shirley

In message , Christina Peterson
writes

Old August 8th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane Helm

Sooooooz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right at the top of my Most Missed Lately List too----hi there and how the
heck are ya??
(SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH)

Old August 9th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
melinda[_2_]

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
What happened here that we can't say "buggers"? Is there some
moderator who'll bust us up? Or has it just gotten really ladyllike
while I've been away?

```````````````````````````````````````

I wasn't sure if I'd offend anyone if I did 'say' it.

I did get the tool, pliers, suggested and they are a
great help. Ordered from this place
http://craft.ontheinternet.com.au and had very quick
service, the price including postage was quite reasonable.

Apologies for not replying earlier but the newsfeed is still
in spasms, and the display card in the computer died, and there
was a trip away to a comp (more dust collecters :-)).

The necklace is still in pieces, got lots of washing and
sewing to catch up on, but I have an outfit that it will
look go with so it will get done sooner rather than later.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 9th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

Good to see you!

Haven't seen/done a group BFNR in a long time, just sent some
stuff from the ocean to Karleen some time earlier this year all
by myself.

Hadn't checked r.c.b in a day and a half, and all of a sudden
there were 38 new posts! Almost feels like the old days.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/
(currently in mostly sunny Portland)