Need Crochet Pattern -- shopping bag

Old May 31st 08, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Default Need Crochet Pattern -- shopping bag

Somewhere I used to have a crochet pattern for the European-style
shopping bags.

Anyone know where I could acquire (preferably free) such a pattern?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

MAY IS CFS/FIBROMYALGIA AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 5/21/08 - Helping the Hummers

WIP: Christmas Music Bellpull, MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old May 31st 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Karen C in California" wrote in message
Somewhere I used to have a crochet pattern for the European-style shopping
bags.

Anyone know where I could acquire (preferably free) such a pattern?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

There are a few of them on the Lion Brand Website. Here's a link to one
page that has at least two:

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/pat...hText=tote+bag

Lucille

Old May 31st 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On May 31, 4:43*am, Karen C in California wrote:
Somewhere I used to have a crochet pattern for the European-style
shopping bags.

Anyone know where I could acquire (preferably free) such a pattern?

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreaderwww.IntlProofingConsortium.com

MAY IS CFS/FIBROMYALGIA AWARENESS MONTH

Finished 5/21/08 - Helping the Hummers

WIP: Christmas Music Bellpull, MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites:http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog:http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/

I made a pattern for a Ball bag = when you don`t need it as bag it
rolls into a little ball !!!!
you can have it , but i need your private email ,,,
Old May 31st 08, 09:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Lucille wrote:
There are a few of them on the Lion Brand Website. Here's a link to one
page that has at least two:

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/pat...hText=tote+bag

Lucille

Thanks, Lucille, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I had in
mind the mesh ones that every good European housewife keeps tucked in
her pocket in case she finds something worth buying. They used to make
them out of leftover string; my pattern was for Knit-Cro-Sheen.

Old May 31st 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone

In message , Karen C in California
writes
Lucille wrote:
There are a few of them on the Lion Brand Website. Here's a link to
one page that has at least two:

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/pat...=Crochet&searc
h=Search&searchText=tote+bag
Lucille

Thanks, Lucille, but it wasn't quite what I was looking for. I had in
mind the mesh ones that every good European housewife keeps tucked in
her pocket in case she finds something worth buying. They used to make
them out of leftover string; my pattern was for Knit-Cro-Sheen.

Would this be the one
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Longshop.html

Hope this works it is the first time I have done this transferring a URL
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old May 31st 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne M[_2_]

Canadian Living Magazine have a good crochet bag

http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts...y_carryall.php

Old May 31st 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Shirley Shone wrote:

Would this be the one
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Longshop.html

Larger than I had in mind, but adaptable. THANKS!

Old May 31st 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Anne M wrote:

Canadian Living Magazine have a good crochet bag

http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts...y_carryall.php

I KNEW someone here would have made one and know where to find it!

Thanks, gang!

Now off to Herrschners to order a rainbow of crochet cotton to make
oodles of bags for Christmas gifts.

Old June 1st 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne M[_2_]

The one in Canadian Living has a round base but I also have another pattern
from Canadian Living that is not on the web for basically the same bag
without a base...Let me know if you want that one as well. I can scan it and
sent it by email to you.

Old June 1st 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Karen C in California wrote:
Anne M wrote:

Canadian Living Magazine have a good crochet bag

http://www.canadianliving.com/crafts...y_carryall.php

I KNEW someone here would have made one and know where to find it!

Thanks, gang!

Now off to Herrschners to order a rainbow of crochet cotton to make
oodles of bags for Christmas gifts.

A word of warning. I made several of these some years back - long
before they became fashionable again, so I made up the pattern myself
and had them the same dimensions as a paper grocery sack. They worked
beautifully, BUT, if you try to put anything heavy in them, the handles
will just about cut through your fingers! I still keep a couple in the
car, plus one in the house, along with all my canvas ones, and they are
excellent for lightweight things, but DO NOT attempt to carry a
ten-pound bag of potatoes in one, you will regret it.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Crochet Pattern Help, Please [email protected] Yarn 1 January 30th 08 07:45 AM
Looking for crochet pattern Cheryl[_2_] Needlework 2 October 1st 07 03:33 AM
Looking for crochet pattern Cheryl[_2_] Yarn 1 October 1st 07 12:40 AM
6x6 crochet pattern Stella Fenley Yarn 2 December 7th 04 03:01 AM
Pattern for a Shopping Bag please ? Maisie Sewing 30 May 6th 04 08:08 AM