Duct Tape Double almost here

Old October 21st 03, 05:42 AM
duh who

Default Duct Tape Double almost here

OK, did the wrap tonight, cut it off, but the damned tape is giving off
fumes that are getting to me. I'm letting it set outside overnight. I
haven't taped up the cut line yet.

What's the best thing to fill it with? Particularly if I want to put it on
a stand.

Dwight

Old October 21st 03, 02:35 PM
Mike Behrent

You might try filling it with spray on foam insulation that you can get from
Home Depot. It'll fill all the nooks and crannys easily and it sets up nice
and solid
Mike in Wisconsin

Old October 21st 03, 04:09 PM
Norma

I tried that Mike with mine. I could have used a case of the foamit! I ended
up stuffing mine with newsprint paper. The clean stuff. It was an end of
roll. Worked great. and you can adjust it to fill things in nicely.

--
Star love,
Norma
news

Old October 21st 03, 04:14 PM
duh who

"Mike Behrent" wrote in message
news
You might try filling it with spray on foam insulation that you can get

from
Home Depot. It'll fill all the nooks and crannys easily and it sets up

nice
and solid
Mike in Wisconsin

Would I fill it starting at the neck, going to the waist? For that amount
of volume, what cost would I be looking at?

Old October 21st 03, 04:25 PM

Duct Tape Double almost here

(duh=A0who)
"Mike Behrent"
You might try filling it with spray on foam insulation that you can get
from Home Depot. It'll fill all the nooks and crannys easily and it sets
up nice and solid
---=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A 0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0=A0Would
I fill it starting at the neck, going to the waist? For that amount of
volume, what cost would I be looking at?
---
Dunno about cost, but how do you control the expanding properties of
the foam?
I ask this because the resident genius used spray foam around the
frame of our front door one year, and we were unable to open the door
until I had laboriously picked all of the dried foam out, using a
screwdriver.
Still don't know why I was nominated for that task---oh, yeah, now I
remember--he could still come and go through the back door, which left
me at home.
Cea

Old October 21st 03, 07:12 PM
Sally Holmes

Mike Behrent wrote:
You might try filling it with spray on foam insulation that you can
get from Home Depot. It'll fill all the nooks and crannys easily and
it sets up nice and solid

I seem to remember someone having trouble with that stuff - something about
it taking a long, long time to set if you fill the whole thing at once.
Better to fill it in layers and allow each to set before adding the next.

And bewa expanding foam sticks fast to everything. Protect surfaces well.

Sally H

Old October 22nd 03, 02:46 AM
Mike Behrent

Get the cheap stuff. It'll cost you about $20. Remember to spray it in in
increments so it can expand.
Mike in Wisconsin

Old October 22nd 03, 02:48 AM
Mike Behrent

Oops, you should turn it upside down and start with the neck/shoulder area
first
Mike in Wisconsin

Old October 23rd 03, 09:04 PM
M00ie

We started with the expanding foam but realised it was going to cost a great
deal so filled the shoulders the coated the sides as even as possible, left
it to set ( seemed an age!) the used a bag of foam offcuts to stuff it solid
after inserting a stem off an old tall wooden lamp stand (standard lamp here
in the UK) we now have a super strong at just the correct height to work
with that cost about £20. Mind you it gave us all in the house a good old
giggle well worth £20 might even so another of one of the kids who loves to
sew.

Old October 23rd 03, 10:07 PM
duh who

"M00ie" wrote in message
We started with the expanding foam but realised it was going to cost a

great
deal so filled the shoulders the coated the sides as even as possible,

left
it to set ( seemed an age!) the used a bag of foam offcuts to stuff it

solid
after inserting a stem off an old tall wooden lamp stand (standard lamp

here
in the UK) we now have a super strong at just the correct height to work
with that cost about £20. Mind you it gave us all in the house a good old
giggle well worth £20 might even so another of one of the kids who loves

sew.

I'm just stuffing mine with newspaper. I've got a PVC pipe stand to go with
it too.

F/A: Lot of 16 Craft Vids, View n' do! N S Marketplace 0 October 2nd 04 08:45 PM
Bias tape frood Quilting 14 July 8th 04 05:41 PM
I have some stained glass type coated foil tape.... Christi Conley Marketplace 0 December 28th 03 05:08 AM
I have some stained glass type coated foil tape.... Christi Conley General Crafting 0 December 28th 03 05:08 AM