Bead Shows

Old June 3rd 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Default Bead Shows

Do any of you still lingering here attend bead shows in your area? If so,
which ones are your favorites and why? Do you have a favorite bead show
vendor?

Linda2

Old June 3rd 11, 10:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/2/11 7:33 PM, Linda2 wrote:
Do any of you still lingering here attend bead shows in your area? If so,
which ones are your favorites and why? Do you have a favorite bead show
vendor?

Linda2

I wish there was a bead show around here. Every fall there is the "Bead
Bop". You buy a ticket and tote (one time only) and visit all the shops
participating. It sounds like so much fun and I'd love to do it once.
Maybe this year I'll just do it and let my husband have the hockey
driving instead.

Cheryl

Old June 4th 11, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sarajane

I buy a lot of seed beads from Beyond Beadery when I see them at
shows. I do the Houston International Quilt Festival and they are
often there, as is Shipwreck Beads and a few others. I like the Bead
Renaissance Show in Denver in the Fall and there is a Bead Bazaar
along with the Gem and Mineral Show in Denver in the Spring.
Sooz spoke very highly of the BABE (Bay Area Bead Extravaganza) that
is twice a year in San Francisco. I know other vendors there but
havent been myself.
Old June 4th 11, 11:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

I'm in New Hampshire, US. I think it is 6-7 shops, mostly smaller ones.
I've been to a few of them, but would love an excuse to bead shop all day.

Old June 4th 11, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/3/11 9:18 PM, Sarajane wrote:
I buy a lot of seed beads from Beyond Beadery when I see them at
shows. I do the Houston International Quilt Festival and they are
often there, as is Shipwreck Beads and a few others. I like the Bead
Renaissance Show in Denver in the Fall and there is a Bead Bazaar
along with the Gem and Mineral Show in Denver in the Spring.
Sooz spoke very highly of the BABE (Bay Area Bead Extravaganza) that
is twice a year in San Francisco. I know other vendors there but
havent been myself.

hmm - you have given me an idea - I know the ladies that run Celebration
of Needlework. And I know a bead shop owner very well. I wonder if I
could get them together.

I've been to couple of gem and mineral shows, but I don't recall ever
seeing beads other than already strung.

Cheryl
Old June 4th 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Unfortunately, our local bead shows are miles apart. My favorite one, Amy's
Beads, has "bead night" once a month, where you can bring your works in
progress and cheerfully bead with other like-minded beaders. If I were to go
to the local bead shops all in one day, I could easily put over 50 miles on
my car.

Old June 4th 11, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

We get the Bead Mercantile show (Janes Fiber & Beads) twice a year, in
January and June, the Down The Street Bead Show twice a year, Intergalactic
twice a year, and every now and then E-Bead shows (small but quality
vendors). I usually stock on seed beads at the Bead Mercantile, although
Atlanta Beads also has quality seed beads. Once a year we get The Best Bead
Show in Miami, which has great vendors and amazingly low prices. I may have
to check out Beyond Beadery online.

Old June 4th 11, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

On Jun 4, 6:51*am, "Linda2" wrote:
[...]

Cheryl- Hide quoted text -

Been to BABE and we have the International Gem and Jewelry show here
this weekend, I usually hit the gem shows.
Old June 5th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Oh I'd be putting a lot more than 50 miles if I were to try and do Bead
Bop. The way to do it is with friends and make day of it and split the
driving!

"Cheryl wrote in message
On 6/2/11 7:33 PM, Linda2 wrote:
Do any of you still lingering here attend bead shows in your area? If
so,
which ones are your favorites and why? Do you have a favorite bead show
vendor?

Linda2

I wish there was a bead show around here. Every fall there is the "Bead
Bop". You buy a ticket and tote (one time only) and visit all the shops
participating. It sounds like so much fun and I'd love to do it once.
Maybe this year I'll just do it and let my husband have the hockey
driving
instead.

Cheryl

Off to Vegas for the bead shows!! Sterling Beads 2 May 29th 08 07:35 PM
Bead Shows Lattes Beads 7 April 16th 04 06:02 PM
Speaking of bead shows, who's going to Bead & Button?? Beadseeker Beads 10 February 25th 04 06:32 AM
Bead Shows Melissa Beads 12 January 14th 04 03:37 PM
Bead Shows in Texas saucy Beads 4 July 31st 03 08:19 PM