Baby Booties

Old October 17th 03, 12:21 PM
Jenn Ridley

Default Baby Booties

Sarah Dixon wrote:

Can anyone help me find a pattern (preferably free) for baby shoes? My
son has such big feet that we are finding it very hard to buy any.

Use socks. My kids never wore booties.

Wild Things (the demo from Wild Ginger) has a bootie pattern in it.
You should be able to put in the appropriate measurements and get a
useable pattern out of it.

There's a pattern at
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/images/10minutebootie.pdf. It's
for preemies, but you should be able to enlarge it to fit your needs.

There's another pattern at
http://www.skepsis.com/~tfarrell/textiles/slippers.html. You need
to draft this one from measurements, but it's all straight lines.

Butterick 3902 has booties, as does Butterick 5220. There are a
couple of KwikSew patterns (2295 and 2656) that have booties in them,
but they have ribbing cuffs.

hth

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley

Old October 17th 03, 03:53 PM
Valkyrie

I found some cute little felt shoes to sew on marthastewart.com
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...id=channel1263

I made some of these for a friend's grandbaby last spring. You can get a
little carried away though. I started out with a little pair of pink felt
shoes, then I made saddle shoes, then tennis shoes, then roller skates (
like a newborn NEEDS those!), then golf shoes (Mom & Dad are golfers), then
several more in satin, plaid.......well, you get the idea. Just be warned.

Val

"Sarah Dixon" wrote in message
Can anyone help me find a pattern (preferably free) for baby shoes? My
son has such big feet that we are finding it very hard to buy any. My
knitting skills are non existent so I wanted to sew some but can't find
a pattern.

Thanks
Sarah

Old October 17th 03, 08:46 PM

Baby Booties

Awwwwwww...Val, you just had waaay too much fun!
Cea
---
(Valkyrie)
I found some cute little felt shoes to sew on marthastewart.com
http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...id=channel1263
I made some of these for a friend's grandbaby last spring. You can get a
little carried away though. I started out with a little pair of pink
felt shoes, then I made saddle shoes, then tennis shoes, then roller
skates ( like a newborn NEEDS those!), then golf shoes (Mom & Dad are
golfers), then several more in satin, plaid.......well, you get the
idea. Just be warned. Val

Baby quilt - need help please! Roberta Zollner Quilting 17 August 9th 04 11:59 PM
Thread for Baby Quilt Mika Quilting 17 February 21st 04 02:18 AM
Baby booties, teenies & caps Sheri Shanks Needlework 0 October 26th 03 08:10 PM
The Rewards of Gifting a Baby Quilt Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 4 September 21st 03 01:42 PM
Stampola Newsletter - July 7, 2003 Mindy at Stampola Rubberstamps 0 July 8th 03 05:35 AM