OT rant -- Stupid Ex hurt Mercury!

Old August 20th 03, 01:06 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default OT rant -- Stupid Ex hurt Mercury!

Mercury got his poor little "ankle" (front paw) injured by my stupid, stupid
ex-husband. It'll take a piece of metal and two screws to put it back together
again -- which means arthritis. And it was so, so stupid! STOO-PID!

He and I've had a zillion dogs together -- we first had pets in 1978. He's
almost-always had a (stupid!) truck (enclosed bed). He was the designated
Lifter-of-Dogs off the tailgate, as he was taller and stronger than me. (As
any fool knows, if you let dogs jump off a 4WD truck, which is unusually high,
they can hurt themselves.) He was always really bad at lifting them --
inattentive could be the perfect word for it. They'd flip and jump and he
wouldn't be paying much attention to them, or securing them -- it used to make
me sick to watch. Spines, legs.....augh! If I told him once, I told him a
million.........!

So he was at the vet -- taking Mercury, the Best Dog, to get a dental cleaning
and shots. He was (admittedly. Admittedly!!) not paying attention. Merc saw
a cat (it's the VET! There are other animals! Pay *attention*!!) and got too
eager and the Idiot Ex loses control of him. He landed on the paw and it
ripped....the soft tissue gave way. (You can't tell me it hadn't been injured,
bit by bit, from all the OTHER times the Ex hadn't controlled this situation.)

I realize it may sound like I'm being unreasonable, but -- I've seen him do
this so many times. Ex Boy gets back there and he wants to Be Cool, so he's
careless about it. I wonder about my role in all this -- with all the
haranguing I've done about this one particular action (or inaction), I figure
the Stupid Ex resists being as careful as he should be, just because he hated
hearing me nag him about it (I am SUCH a horrible bitch). Even though I've
been gone for years. DUH! DuhDuhDuh!!! You bloody idiot!!

Goddammit. Mercury has an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow, and has been
wearing a splint that has his forepaw en pointe (the Ex wasn't careful enough,
and the splint had to be replaced already because it got wet. goddammit!). By
the way, this happened over a week ago, and I only heard about it TODAY. The
forepaw moves in such a way that it's obvious the soft tissue just simply isn't
attached anymore -- it tore completely through.

This idiot won't allow me to just simply keep Mercury myself. I offered to
take Merc and promised Ex Boy would never hear from me again. Oh, nooooo.
That way he can't make me miserable. God DAMMIT. This just makes me sick. It
was so, so unnecessary and so STUPID. Arrrggghhh!!!!
~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html
Old August 20th 03, 01:29 AM
Jalynne

Oh Sooz, that's awful, i'm sooo sorry this happened. It always hurts me when people
mistreat animals, but ooooh, that's just inexcusable. Good gravy. Praying that
Mercury heals quickly and completely.

Hugs to both you and Mercury.
--
Jalynne

Old August 20th 03, 01:29 AM
Mary Rurup

I wish I could offer anything else but

{{{{Sooz}}}}

Mary

--
Joy multiplies when it is shared among friends, but grief diminishes with
every division. That is life.

Old August 20th 03, 01:57 AM
Cheryl

Well

since he allowed the injury- I'd be guessing
HE IS PAYING THE VET BILL

why can't you tell him you aren't letting him have the dog - if it was a court
order, tell the court he's a BAD PARENT....
and get "custody!"

Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old August 20th 03, 02:28 AM
saucy

Sooz,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mercury. We have had dogs since we moved to
Austin, so for about six years. In that time we got a lab and I broke her
leg in less than 24 hours after bringing her home. She jumped out of the
back of my Montero. It was a freak accident. I immediately rushed her to
the vet and she was casted for months while she grew. It hurt me so bad to
know that she was hurting. I still baby her a lot since I feel responsible.

My ex only uses my children against me. I can understand the GDit!

Old August 20th 03, 02:44 AM
Dr. Sooz

since he allowed the injury- I'd be guessing
HE IS PAYING THE VET BILL

You'd guess right.

why can't you tell him you aren't letting him have the dog - if it was a
court order, tell the court he's a BAD PARENT....
and get "custody!"

Because dogs are seen as property in the eyes of the law. And we have joint
ownership in the divorce agreement. Dammit.
~~
Sooz
-------
Old August 20th 03, 02:45 AM
Dr. Sooz

My ex only uses my children against me. I can understand the GDit!

Only?!?!
~~
Sooz
-------
Old August 20th 03, 02:50 AM
Kandice Seeber

Damn, Sooz. Your ex is such an ASS. (((((((hugs)))))))) Poor Mercury!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 20th 03, 03:23 AM
Deirdre S.

I know you'd take Merc's place if you could.

My sympathies to both you and him. I agree, it would be so much less
aggravating if you could just keep him with you.

Deirdre

Old August 20th 03, 03:57 AM
Carol in SLC

why can't you tell him you aren't letting him have the dog - if it was a court
order, tell the court he's a BAD PARENT....and get "custody!"

I think it's worth a shot, Sooz!

Carol in SLC
My jewelry: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/