getting stronger and feeling better

Old January 11th 04, 11:12 PM
julia sidebottom

Default getting stronger and feeling better

Today I am sitting here at the computer where I have been catching up
on things for the last several hours! Yepper feeling well enough to be
at the computer and reading and writing!!! I am still not quite there
yet where I would say I am all together. I am still having some
vomiting problems but the bleeding has stopped. The dr. says I am
definitely on the mend, and I do feel much better. I have actually only
use a little kleenex today... so I don't have to buy stock in that
company any more.
I have received some wonderful and caring e-mails from people here
and they have been greatly appreciated and uplifting.
I would have been able to handle this little 'bug' better if my
immune system wasn't so compromised already and the slightest bleed is a
major concern because of my bleeding disorder. I go back in next week
for another transfusion so hopefully by then or shortly there after I
will be totally back on my feet. Fortunately the dr. says it was not
the flu, just a bad cold. I am slowly becoming better hydrated too.
That was the biggie all the way around was the dehydration. Fortunately
I have the use of both of my hands right now. I have a mediport so I
don't have to be tied up all the time as I mend. And I didn't have to be
in a hospital since I have everything I need right here at home to take
care of business.
I am looking forward to getting the fabrics put away that I got the
day after Christmas and going out to use my gift card... I can hardly
wait! But I do know to take it slowly to start with. So I will... I
have to be able to quilt so I don't want anything to get in the way of
that. I am actually looking forward to the little needle pricks that I
always get when quilting .
Thanks again for the kind notes of encouragement and concern.
juliasb

Old January 12th 04, 12:14 AM
Julia in MN

It's good to see you're back and feeling somewhat better. I'm doing
better, too. Yesterday, I finally got at the sewing machine again to sew
up a ripped seam in my son's trousers. I also made a rice bag with a
fleece cover; it sure feels good on my tummy muscles, which are pretty
sore from coughing.

Today I got out a piece of fabric I had bought several years ago for a
stack'n'whack. I cut the triangles for a kaleidoscope block, and have 2
blocks put together. I love seeing the results of each block with
stack'n'whack. My main fabric is a dark green and beige floral stripe; I
think it is probably really a light weight home dec fabric. I am using
dark green for the parts Eleanor Burns calls the background so it will
look like dark green rings around the "stars". I'm combining the
Quilt-In-A-Day Kaleidoscope plan with a stack'n'whack by cutting the
triangles for the kaleidoscopes with the SNW technique. It will end up
lap quilt size. My sister-in-law has hinted that she would like a quilt,
so I think this one will end up at her house.

Julia in Mn

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old January 12th 04, 12:31 AM
Louise

Julia,

So glad to hear you're back with us! It sounds like you've had a rough time
of it, but it's great to know you're on the mend. Continue to take care of
yourself and you'll be back full-time before you know it.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old January 12th 04, 12:58 AM
cozy

Glad you are feeling better, sounds like you should keep taking it easy
though, so you don't have those dreadful relapse thingys.

Old January 12th 04, 02:03 AM
Kate Dicey

Sending ((((((HUGS)))))) to keep you propped up!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 13th 04, 11:44 AM