the best glue?

Old March 22nd 04, 08:03 AM
Glitterati

Default the best glue?

A couple of rhinstones have fallen off my favourite broach, and I'm
wondering what the best way of repairing it is. The actual broach is
some sort of silvery metal (it's not silver I don't think, bc there's
a goldish color showing through where the silver paint (?) has peeled
away.) I was initially going to use crazy glue, but wasn't sure if it
would react with the silver finish; is this a good idea?

thanks a bunch
Old March 27th 04, 08:31 AM
Paul

I'm not a big fan of "crazy/super" glues (cyanoacrylates). Most of
them tend to be rigid and eventually fail.

If the rest of the brooch can take the heat, try Loctite "Extra Time"
epoxy. After you've applied the glue according to directions bake it
in a oven for 4 hours at 250F.

Paul Tarlow
Izm Studio

------------------
Kiln-formed glass
for jewelry artists
http://www.izm.com

. ..

glue problem biig Beads 6 September 23rd 04 07:12 AM
What glue to stick a floor down? Cathy Weeks Doll Houses 2 April 5th 04 07:09 PM
glue Lisa P. Beads 2 August 27th 03 01:46 PM
glue that will not corrupt thread alia Beads 2 August 17th 03 08:53 PM
Glue sticking to earring. Help msuryadarma Jewelry 1 August 9th 03 11:29 PM