Ready for the Directory?

Old August 17th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

Default Ready for the Directory?

I can vouch for Lady Aurora too - she signed up for the star swap over 6
months ago so is a known lurker for me :-)

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I'm not much of a routine poster, but I used to be and I've been patiently
waiting for the Directory to return (I resurfaced about two weeks after
the last issue). I used to be in a few versions of the Directory way back
when, and I'm sure there are some folks here who still remember me. I'm
more active on the swaps like Your Pick because when I'm traveling, I can
check email on my phone (but not newsgroups). I travel about 4 times a
year, now.

So, since I'm returning but still kinda quiet and yet folks know me, can I
be allowed to be part of the Directory? I won't even try if I'll get
turned down.

~Lady Aurora, Guardian of the Royal Bounty

Old August 17th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

And she's in the Your Pick swap with me. I think we can trust her!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
I think I can vouche for Lady Aurora, as she is a member of the Queen's
court here. : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies

I'm not much of a routine poster, but I used to be and I've been
patiently waiting for the Directory to return (I resurfaced about two
weeks after the last issue). I used to be in a few versions of the
Directory way back when, and I'm sure there are some folks here who still
remember me. I'm more active on the swaps like Your Pick because when I'm
traveling, I can check email on my phone (but not newsgroups). I travel
about 4 times a year, now.

So, since I'm returning but still kinda quiet and yet folks know me, can
I be allowed to be part of the Directory? I won't even try if I'll get
turned down.

~Lady Aurora, Guardian of the Royal Bounty

"AliceW" wrote in message
Thanks to all who helped test the Directory form this time around. Your
input was very useful and I appreciate you're taking the time to help.

Ok, the form will open this weekend and will be open until September
15th.
Wait for the "open for business" posting. Here are a few details that
you
need to memorize before filling out the form:

1- Only verified, routine posters will be added to the Directory. That
means if you have been a lurker but have surfaced recently, you may have
wait until the next version. This is nothing personal - we value our
private info very highly and take no chances with it. If you are too
new
to make it into the Directory this time but are interested in sending a
squishie or other item to someone in particular, email them for their
address. We very rarely turn down an offer for a squishie!
2- Only one form per person, please! Duplicate forms will cost you a
FQ -
purple or green please.

3- One change that you will notice is that the Yuks are gone, history,
outta
here. Instead, I changed the fields to preferred fabric types. So you
can
enter batiks, blenders, tone-on-tones, WoW, 30's, florals, plaids,
hand-dyeds etc. So, there are 4 fields for your preferences - 2 for
color
choices and 2 for fabric type/pattern choices. Keep them short and
sweet.

4- The other change is with birthday information. Now, you can select
your
month and day. No more years. Quilting keeps us young, no need for the
year. This information is, as always, optional.

5- Once you hit the "submit" button, you will receive a confirmation of
the
information you entered. At the bottom of this form is the date of your
entry. Print this form - I repeat, - PRINT THIS FORM!

6- Ok, now the toughest request - please, please, please do not use all
CAPS! This is a format that folks use when they are yelling at someone
and
I don't respond very well when folks yell at me (:( So, your first
name
and last name should appear as First Name. Easy? Good.

7- I will post reminders on the newsgroup every week. If you miss the
deadline, you need to wait until next revision - no exceptions.

8- If you were in the last Directory, you still need to reenter your
information since the form has changed-and your color and fabric
preferences
may have changed as well!

Once all the info is gathered, I will get the formats into shape. LN is
not
taking as active a role this time around, so you'll have to be patient
with
me as I vet the entries and get the appropriate formats emailed to
everyone.
I may not get it exactly right the first time, so if I mess up, please
refer
to the second sentence in detail #6.

Ok, now your homework. Figure out what the heck your two favorite
colors
and your two favorite fabric types/patterns are! Hint: these fields
should
NOT contain verbs!

Ok, now I'm going to bed.
--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old August 17th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

I know I am new also but use to be here years ago, I think back then
I posted using the nick Gypsy-J but not sure that is what I used. I
don't guess I have any one on the list that can stand up for me but I
can honestly say I am honest and caring and loving and would never
"stalk" anyone, heck I can't get out of the house long enough to do
that and wouldn't if I could. But I can give you lots of references
to people that do know me, from the president of our local college,
our pastor and many on line people, too. But none that quilt.

I'll submit when the time comes, if I am declined I will lick my
wounds and wait until the next one.

Have a great day.

Jacqueline

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:58:46 -0400, "AliceW"
wrote:

Thanks to all who helped test the Directory form this time around. Your
input was very useful and I appreciate you're taking the time to help.

Ok, the form will open this weekend and will be open until September 15th.
Wait for the "open for business" posting. Here are a few details that you
need to memorize before filling out the form:

1- Only verified, routine posters will be added to the Directory. That
means if you have been a lurker but have surfaced recently, you may have to
[...]

http://www.mountain-breeze.com
Recipes and other fun things
Old August 17th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tigg

Am I lurker or a poster? I know I don't check in here as often as I
used to, but I am in the current directory.

Tigg
(still don't know if I'm coming or going most of the time...)

Old August 19th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irrational Number

AliceW wrote:

Thanks to all who helped test the Directory form this time around. Your
input was very useful and I appreciate you're taking the time to help.

Ok, the form will open this weekend and will be open until September 15th.
Wait for the "open for business" posting. Here are a few details that you
need to memorize before filling out the form:

Thanks for all the hard work, Alice!

-- Anita --
Old August 19th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jacqueline

Alice, I do not know what form you do the Directory in but I have
lots of times since I rarely sleep and I love to help people and I
love to do work on the computer, if you need help give me a holler and
I will help you put it together. These type of things are just right
up my alley.

I appreciate your work on this, also, and think that you deserve
something special. I don't have a fabric stash yet nor do I have
chocolate, unless Oreos will do.

Old August 19th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Jacqueline, no problem, I enjoy doing this as well but don't expect anything
in return. LN gets all the credit for the Directory since this is really
her project. I started helping her a few years ago with the online form, but
this is her baby.

--

:
: