Acrylic stamps

Old August 3rd 05, 10:13 PM
Barbara Hass

Default Acrylic stamps

OK, so my mom brought all of her acrylic stamps/blocks from CTMH with
her this past weekend, and it was my first experience using the stamps.
I liked them very much overall, but it seemed that the ink didn't coat
the stamps as well as with rubber - almost like it was pooling on the
stamp, to a small degree.

Was I imagining things? Has anyone else noticed a difference between
the rubber and acrylic stamps?

Barbara

Old August 3rd 05, 10:58 PM
Kristine Thomas

It might be the ink. CTMH has a brand new ink formula that covers so much better than the old one. I didn't realize there was a problem with the old one until I saw some identical tags that were made - one with the old ink, and one with the new ink. WOW! What a difference! The ink pads are different too. They just keep getting better and better all the time!

Kris

Barbara 8/3/2005 4:13 PM

Old August 3rd 05, 11:27 PM
Barbara Hass

Kristine Thomas wrote:
[...]

We were primarily using my Stampin' Up inks, not CTMH inks. But the
change in CTMH ink is good to know! Probably an ink thing, then. SU
doesn't sell acrylic stamps, so no need for them to worry about that issue.

Barbara

Old August 4th 05, 02:31 PM
Arleen

Just what I was going to say Kris! I have three of the new ink pads and they
work great with my acrylics...not that I had much of a problem with the old
ones either though...I just love my acrylic stamps and with a little
experimenting I got the image that I wanted.
Arleen

Old August 4th 05, 03:22 PM
Kristine Thomas

I'm jealous! I don't have ANY of the new ones yet. I hadn't had any problems with the old ones either. I had finally just collected all of the colors of ink pads, and since the colors themselves didn't change, I wasn't going to bother getting any of the new ones. I thought it was just the design of the stamp pad itself that had changed. Then I saw a demonstration of the DIFFERENCE between the old and new formulas of inks. I ordered some of the new ones, a dozen or so... and they should be here tomorrow! I can't wait!!!

Kris

8/4/2005 8:31 AM