Starting out

Old August 7th 03, 07:27 PM
Ddborger

Default Starting out

Well gosh - that's a place to start. You will want something to clean your
stamps with - the cheapest route would be to use baby wipes that are alcohol
free. I don't know how easy those are to get in the uk?
~Donna~
SAHM Val Gal 16, Wendy Woo 13, Seany 9
5 years of Stamping Bliss
Old August 8th 03, 12:42 AM
Debbie Hamann

You probably have alot around your house to get you started in
stamping. Even using a marker on a rubber stamp will work, if you
don't want to get into embossing.

I do sell stamps and supplies to the UK. Have some rainbow pads
here that might get you started. Just let me know if I can help...
On cleaning the stamps, I sometimes use a glass cleaner sprayed on
a paper towel and blot the stamp till it comes clean.

debbie
Rio Grande traders

They're easy enough to get - I used them all the time!

I was thinking about getting an ink pad with lots of colours in like this:
http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk/produc...oducts_id=1276

IT looks like you use them like brushes on the stamps - is this right? If
so it would avoid me having to buy lots of big pads, because I mainly want
to stamp backgrounds.

Charlie.

Old August 8th 03, 08:43 AM
Charlie

Thanks for the info. I'm looking to buy from the UK though, as to post from
the US would be stupid amounts of money! Especially foa huge wooden block.

Charlie.

Old August 8th 03, 01:06 PM
Serena

and plain old water works well also for cleaning......just fold up a towel
(tea towel) and put it in a dish, get it wet and when done stamping put it
on the towel!! keeps the ink wet till you can scrub.......

Markers (water based) are great as you get a big variety in colors and after
coloring your stamps, just exhale air onto to rewet the ink and
stamp......you can also mist the stamp with water and get a water color
look.

There are so many things you could 'need' and use, really just depends on
what your goals are and how in depth you'd want to get with it.

Old August 8th 03, 03:19 PM
Pat Kight

Charlie wrote:

I just want to produce good acid free prints that won't fade too quickly in
light.

Ah, if you want acid-free inks, then you need to look for those
specifically. Most inks are not. There are a few brands that are labeled
as acid-free and archival - I believe that the Ancient Page line from
Colorbox is one of them. See

http://www.clearsnap.com - if you have a fast connection and have Flash
installed on your computer (great inks, annoyingly complex Web site.)

--
Pat Kight

Old August 9th 03, 11:30 AM
Charlie

"Pat Kight" wrote in message

Ah, if you want acid-free inks, then you need to look for those
specifically. Most inks are not. There are a few brands that are labeled
as acid-free and archival - I believe that the Ancient Page line from
Colorbox is one of them. See

http://www.clearsnap.com - if you have a fast connection and have Flash
installed on your computer (great inks, annoyingly complex Web site.)

Thanks for the advise. I'll take a miss with that website, I think my poor
modem might have a fit!

Charlie.

Old August 13th 03, 01:42 AM
LasImpPan

we ship to the UK and have lots of customers there. Check out our web site at
www.lasimppan.com
thanks
Denyse