TM's visit

Old October 7th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default TM's visit

OK, ladies....we are awaiting a report!!! Pictures even on RCTNP!!

Gillian
Old October 7th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
OK, ladies....we are awaiting a report!!! Pictures even on RCTNP!!

Gillian

I am waiting impatiently too. : )

Old October 8th 10, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

On 10/7/2010 4:42 PM, Lucille wrote:

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
OK, ladies....we are awaiting a report!!! Pictures even on RCTNP!!

Gillian

I am waiting impatiently too. : )

I want the pix on TM's own site, with a link to get straight there!!
Sorry, correction, that is NOT how I was brung up. I WOULD LIKE the pix
on TM's own site.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old October 8th 10, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2010-10-07, Gillian Murray wrote:
OK, ladies....we are awaiting a report!!! Pictures even on RCTNP!!

Gillian

We had a lovely visit at my house Wednesday night, with local RTCNers that
could make it. TM was able to meet me, Cheryl I, Bobbie V. and Eveyln
M. I wish TM lived closer I'd love to get together again.
I do have a picture of all of us I just haven't downloaded it yet. I
will try to do that tonight. My tendonistis was acting up so I didn't
stitch, but I enjoyed looking at everyone elses beautiful work. The
weather was horrible; cold, wet, and windy which always bother's my
tendonitis. The company more than made up for my not being able to
stitch. TM was also hit a hit with my cat Harpo. If anyone has the
oppertunity to see TM's Komono jacket in person, do so. It's amazing.
All in all a great visit, but way to short.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Old October 12th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Margaret St. John wrote:
We had a lovely visit at my house Wednesday night, with local RTCNers that
could make it. TM was able to meet me, Cheryl I, Bobbie V. and Eveyln
M. I wish TM lived closer I'd love to get together again.
I do have a picture of all of us I just haven't downloaded it yet. I
will try to do that tonight. My tendonistis was acting up so I didn't
stitch, but I enjoyed looking at everyone elses beautiful work. The
weather was horrible; cold, wet, and windy which always bother's my
tendonitis. The company more than made up for my not being able to
stitch. TM was also hit a hit with my cat Harpo. If anyone has the
oppertunity to see TM's Komono jacket in person, do so. It's amazing.
All in all a great visit, but way to short.
-Margaret in MA

What she said -- only in spades :-)). Harpo LOVED the scritching my
acrylic fingernails can give but the best part is that Carly --
Margaret's "scardy cat" actually came into the dining room where we were
sitting and did rubbings on my leg!!!!! Of course, it only took her
about three hours to get up the courage to do this -- LOLOL!
I had a wonderful time and enjoyed getting to meet more RCTNers.
The weather was DIVINE but then, I like the rain. We arrived (on Friday
01 Oct) in Boston during the tail end of the rains from a hurricane so
it rained really hard during the drive from Logan up to Nashua, NH. On
Saturday was was exquisitely beautiful weather -- no rain and just a bit
of autumn chill in the air. We drove up to Lake Winne-pawhatsis (DO
NOT ask me to spell it correctly and went to Keepsake Quilting and
Patternworks yarn shop. It rained again on Sunday but DH and I drove
down to Lowell, MA to find the train station so we could find out how
much $$ it would cost to go into Boston ($5 to park for the day and
$6.75 pp one way for the train).
Cheryl and I got together on Monday and went to her bead shop and
had lunch and went to a GREAT yarn shop where I got a truly lovely huge
skein of hand dyed yarn -- enough for a large shawl or sweater, etc.
She drove me all over to see the wonderful old homes and stone work
buildings, etc. I had a fantastic time and it was beautiful weather,
too!!! DH and I went to Boston on Tuesday -- IN THE RAIN of course --
and did one of the Hop On - Hop Off bus tours. Got to see everything I
wanted to see from the bus and even drug my fat Irish arse off the bus
and up the hill to see the Old North Church of "One if by land, Two if
by sea" fame. I wanted to go into the church but they take you on tours
in groups and you have to wait outside for the next tour. Since it was
raining and my parts were complaining, we didn't do that -- LOLOL!
Wednesday we went to the Busch Brewery and saw the Clydesdale
Horsies. Two of them had just gotten a bath and the woman grooming them
was using a wet/dry vac of all things -- LOLOLOL. WE also went shopping
at the local Michael's to get stuff for decorating the tables at the
Rehearsal Dinner for the DNephew's wedding on Sunday. That evening was
dinner and hanging out with the other RCTNers. No one really worked on
anything -- we were too busy just schmoozing. Cheryl came to pick me up
a bit early so I forgot to take my camera == blame her that I have no
photos to put on Webshots. At least until she and the others e-mail
them to MOI!!!!
Thursday started off a bit horribly for MOI!!! My back decided to
make itself heard and I had to take some of my heavy duty meds. Once I
got my "parts" in working order we headed off for the day. It was a bit
drizzly but wasn't too bad. We drove up north to drive the Kancamagus
Highway (SP???) which was absolutely GLORIOUS in brilliant autumnal
colors. WE got some truly lovely photos and I will upload those as soon
as DH shows me how to work the new camera :-). It was fairly chilly at
the higher elevations in the rain but that didn't stop us from having a
look see at everything.
Friday we were up early thanks to my wonderful spine!! NOT GOOD but
what's new?!?!? Dealt with it and off we went to Boston to pick DSis up
at the airport and head down to Newport, RI for the wedding. That part
of the trip is a whole 'nother story and I will save it for it's own
post. I just wanted to give you all a quick overview of the rip and let
you know I had a great time, especially when I got to meet the others.
THANKS AGAIN Margaret for having us in your home and give Carly & Harpo
a scritch behind the ears from their Tia Mary. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary