OT Talk about timing!

Old December 26th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Default OT Talk about timing!

I have been working very seriously on losing some weight this fall since I
was going turn 60 in November and I didn't want to start a new decade at the
weight I was at that point. I found a really good website to help me with
this project called CalorieKing. It has all the resources I need in one
place. It also sends me reminders. I got one today. It reminded me that I
had a scheduled weigh in today.

Now that's just wrong!

Oh, as of yesterday, I had lost 19 pounds with 11 to go. And no, I am not
weighing in today.

AliceW

Old December 26th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

chuckle........... Coward!

Karen, Queen of Squishies -
congrats on your great progress!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
music is all around us, all you
have to do is listen

Old December 26th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tigg

On Dec 26, 1:24*pm, "Sherry Starr" wrote:
Congratulations ! *I was 60 in April. *DH & I joined Jenny Craig last
January. *He has been at his goal for about 3-4 months now. *He has lost
about 42 pounds. *I have lost about 25, and just lack about 2 more pounds to
reach my goal. *I lose very s-l-o-w. *I would hate to have to weigh in
today. *DH & I have been eating a lot the last 2-3 days. *It's back on being
careful what I eat this week.

Sherry Starr

I've looked into Jenny Craig, and Nutrisystem and some others. All
are too expensive for me. I think I'll go check out the CalorieKing
thing. Nothing really seems to help if I don't actively do something,
like exercise which is hard for me even when it's not snowing, or
supposed to snow, or icing or whatever. Still, I need to do
something.

Thanks for at least pointing me to something new to try!

Hugs,
Tigg
Old December 26th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Spark People is another good one, excellent by the way, and free!
--

Alice

"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."
- Ingrid Bergman (1917-1982)

Old December 27th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Tigg wrote:
[...]

Weight Watchers is what has worked for me. I've lost 18 pounds since the
end of August. It costs about $40 a month, but you don't have to buy any
special food. And exercise is important. I try to get to the Y 4 or 5
times a week.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Timing is everything - and a good thing! AliceW Quilting 14 July 26th 05 08:56 PM
rotten timing maryd Quilting 4 December 23rd 04 08:07 PM
We talk a lot! Yarn Forward Yarn 4 April 30th 04 09:00 PM
talk about old... Barbara Otterson Beads 8 February 24th 04 04:53 PM
Let's talk!! Kari Machine Knit 4 December 22nd 03 04:05 PM