Crack in glass?

Old July 19th 12, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Default Crack in glass?

Hi all

I have a caravan, and I got new glasses for the windows after some Russians smashed it up.

Now, the big window measures 60x140cm (~3x6 feet), it is 3 mm thick, and I got app 2 months ago. The caravan have not be moved much, I have been doing repairs in it a lot.

The is a app 7 a cm (~3 inches) long scratch in the inside in the upper part. It is clearly visible, and it can be felt on the inside. It is not through the glass, only on the inside.
As I have been working in the caravan I can have hit is accidentally.
The other option is that it is breaking because of stress or something?

The glass man, who cut them for me was not that well - yelling at customers, assembled the windows incorrectly (check Sprite 400 for details on the caravan) so some metal parts of the windows were broken, and some windows I needed 3 glasses for as they were either too small or large.
Therefore some of the windows are assembled with force, which is not the best I know.

Let me know
Sonnich
Old July 21st 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown[_2_]

On Jul 19, 2:16*pm, wrote:
[...]

This is a craft group not a windshield group.
Old July 23rd 12, 08:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:42:29 PM UTC+3, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Jul 19, 2:16*pm, wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a caravan, and I got new glasses for the windows after some Russians smashed it up.
>
> Now, the big window measures 60x140cm (~3x6 feet), it is 3 mm thick, and I got app 2 months ago. The caravan have not be moved much, I have been doing repairs in it a lot.
>
> The is a app 7 a cm (~3 inches) long scratch in the inside in the upper part. It is clearly visible, and it can be felt on the inside. It is not through the glass, only on the inside.
> As I have been working in the caravan I can have hit is accidentally..
> The other option is that it is breaking because of stress or something?
>
> The glass man, who cut them for me was not that well - yelling at customers, assembled the windows incorrectly (check Sprite 400 for details on the caravan) so some metal parts of the windows were broken, and some windows I needed 3 glasses for as they were either too small or large.
> Therefore some of the windows are assembled with force, which is not the best I know.
>
> Let me know
> Sonnich

This is a craft group not a windshield group.

Ok. As this is not my area: where do I find one?

Secondly it is more a window that a windsheild. You should know the difference
Old July 23rd 12, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown[_2_]

On Jul 19, 2:16*pm, wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a caravan, and I got new glasses for the windows after some Russians smashed it up.
>
> Now, the big window measures 60x140cm (~3x6 feet), it is 3 mm thick, and I got app 2 months ago. The caravan have not be moved much, I have been doing repairs in it a lot.
>
> The is a app 7 a cm (~3 inches) long scratch in the inside in the upper part. It is clearly visible, and it can be felt on the inside. It is not through the glass, only on the inside.
> As I have been working in the caravan I can have hit is accidentally.
> The other option is that it is breaking because of stress or something?
>
> The glass man, who cut them for me was not that well - yelling at customers, assembled the windows incorrectly (check Sprite 400 for details on the caravan) so some metal parts of the windows were broken, and some windows I needed 3 glasses for as they were either too small or large.
> Therefore some of the windows are assembled with force, which is not the best I know.
>
> Let me know
> Sonnich

This is a craft group not a windshield group.

Ok. As this is not my area: where do I find one?

Secondly it is more a window that a windsheild. You should know the difference

Look in a junkyard or take the Caravan to the junkyard.
Old July 24th 12, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Monday, July 23, 2012 10:24:56 PM UTC+3, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Jul 23, 12:33*am, wrote:
> On Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:42:29 PM UTC+3, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> > On Jul 19, 2:16*pm, wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I have a caravan, and I got new glasses for the windows after some Russians smashed it up.
> > >
> > > Now, the big window measures 60x140cm (~3x6 feet), it is 3 mm thick, and I got app 2 months ago. The caravan have not be moved much, I have been doing repairs in it a lot.
> > >
> > > The is a app 7 a cm (~3 inches) long scratch in the inside in the upper part. It is clearly visible, and it can be felt on the inside. It is not through the glass, only on the inside.
> > > As I have been working in the caravan I can have hit is accidentally.
> > > The other option is that it is breaking because of stress or something?
> > >
> > > The glass man, who cut them for me was not that well - yelling at customers, assembled the windows incorrectly (check Sprite 400 for details on the caravan) so some metal parts of the windows were broken, and some windows I needed 3 glasses for as they were either too small or large.
> > > Therefore some of the windows are assembled with force, which is not the best I know.
> > >
> > > Let me know
> > > Sonnich
>
> > This is a craft group not a windshield group.
>
> Ok. As this is not my area: where do I find one?
>
> Secondly it is more a window that a windsheild. You should know the difference

Look in a junkyard or take the Caravan to the junkyard.

How nice of you

Someone asks for help and gets this

Old July 24th 12, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown[_2_]

On Jul 23, 12:33*am, wrote:
> On Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:42:29 PM UTC+3, Chemo the Clown wrote:
> > On Jul 19, 2:16*pm, wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I have a caravan, and I got new glasses for the windows after some Russians smashed it up.
> > >
> > > Now, the big window measures 60x140cm (~3x6 feet), it is 3 mm thick, and I got app 2 months ago. The caravan have not be moved much, I have been doing repairs in it a lot.
> > >
> > > The is a app 7 a cm (~3 inches) long scratch in the inside in the upper part. It is clearly visible, and it can be felt on the inside. It is not through the glass, only on the inside.
> > > As I have been working in the caravan I can have hit is accidentally.
> > > The other option is that it is breaking because of stress or something?
> > >
> > > The glass man, who cut them for me was not that well - yelling at customers, assembled the windows incorrectly (check Sprite 400 for details on the caravan) so some metal parts of the windows were broken, and some windows I needed 3 glasses for as they were either too small or large.
> > > Therefore some of the windows are assembled with force, which is not the best I know.
> > >
> > > Let me know
> > > Sonnich
>
> > This is a craft group not a windshield group.
>
> Ok. As this is not my area: where do I find one?
>
> Secondly it is more a window that a windsheild. You should know the difference

Look in *a junkyard or take the Caravan to the junkyard.

How nice of you

Someone asks for help and gets this

Hey, don't mention it! If you'd have taken the time to read some of
the posts in this group then you'd have noticed that your post really
wouldn't fit here. Why don't you go to a different window guy and see
what he has to say? good grief!

strickmühleor corking hand crack Els van Dam Yarn 10 July 23rd 12 07:42 PM
OT -- Wanna crack up? Dr. Sooz Beads 2 September 12th 06 08:34 PM
Fran! You crack me up! Su Beads 2 June 28th 06 12:13 AM
Please visit my new webpage No Crack Cream Billie Marketplace 1 March 22nd 05 03:14 PM
crack on INSIDE of bottom of pot dkat Pottery 9 June 21st 04 08:05 PM