Academic research

Old June 27th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Amitaibu

Default Academic research

On Jun 27, 6:47*pm, kathleen fasanella kathleen.fasanella.
wrote:
BEI Design;774393 Wrote:

Will the published results be given away free? *No? *Then, it *is* a
"commercial" endeavor.

Amitai, I'm wondering if your confusion is related to cultural or
language differences but this is considered to be market research. Iow,
no, you're not charging a fee but you intend to use the results of
discovery for profit minded purposes. Sure, your project may benefit
people who may choose to take advantage of it but this is a place
people come to enjoy their hobbies and past times so it is considered
to be very inappropriate. People are fatigued with marketing so in an
enthusiast environment, people will resent it. It's nothing personal.

As Beverly mentioned, there are other options for custom drafted
patterns. There is also a service similar to one you hope to start
(after collecting your market data). I reviewed one service called
String Codeshttp://pattern.stringcodes.com/index.html. I wasn't very
pleased with it. I include the link to the third part of my review
which contains links to the first two parts.http://tinyurl.com/3rod2n

Lastly Amitai, I agree that some of the questions need to be reworked.
Other than the self-selecting bias someone else mentioned, some
questions force choices that would return a result contrary to the
respondent's intent. I don't know the best place to post about your
survey, I only know it's not here. Probably the Marketplace section is
better.

--
kathleen fasanella

Hi All,
I understand I've posted this in the wrong place and I apologize. I
certainly didn't try to annoy anybody!

Kathleen, I'm happy your a member of this group as well, because I
think you are aware of my past efforts on the subject and the way I
like to share information. I felt a little like I'm being a 'troll'
but that's simply not way I act.

Nevertheless, I'm inviting myself to stay in this fine group and
participate

Thank you all,
Amitai
Old June 27th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
CutiePie

Amitaibu wrote:
snip to save bandwidth

Hi All,
I understand I've posted this in the wrong place and I
apologize. I certainly didn't try to annoy anybody!

Kathleen, I'm happy your a member of this group as well,
because I
think you are aware of my past efforts on the subject and
the way I
like to share information. I felt a little like I'm being
a 'troll'
but that's simply not way I act.

Nevertheless, I'm inviting myself to stay in this fine
group and participate

Welcome to R.C.T.S, we are happy to have folks who wish to
share their skills and knowledge.

Beverly

Old June 28th 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sew Boyz

sew boyz had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Re-...arch-3762-.htm :

Pogonip wrote:

sew boyz wrote:
My apologies, I didn't realize you were not an English speaker.
Had you
posted from your own ISP ) instead of
google-groups-gmail it
might have alerted me to your location.

sb

Excuse me, but SB, you are posting through a web-based access yourself!

What's the difference between Google.com and sewgirls.com other
than
that Google offers a lot more?

well, google mail or google groups would not have made quite the same
impact when i spoofed "sewgirls" for my sign-on name. :P

harumph! like boys don't sew!

---sb---

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3542 messages and counting!

Old June 28th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

sew boyz wrote:

harumph! like boys don't sew!

---sb---

Harumph! to you, too! If you'll look around, you'll see several men who
post regularly to this N.G. because they do anywhere from a little to a
lot of sewing. We make no assumptions here - what sewgirls
does....well....I have no idea since I've never looked at their site.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old June 28th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sew Boyz

Sew Boyz had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/textiles/Re-...arch-3768-.htm :

Pogonip wrote:

sew boyz wrote:

harumph! like boys don't sew!

---sb---

Harumph! to you, too! If you'll look around, you'll see several men

who
post regularly to this N.G. because they do anywhere from a little to a

lot of sewing. We make no assumptions here - what sewgirls
does....well....I have no idea since I've never looked at their site.

I think perhaps you missed my point...my sewgirls.com sign-on name was
chosen to disparage sewGIRLS' sexism , ergo Sew BOYZ.

Get it?

---sb---
(a guy who sews)

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3545 messages and counting!
Old June 28th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Joy Beeson

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 06:57:06 -0700, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to
reply wrote:

Your survey still failed to include the possiblity of people already
using pattern-drafting software,

Not to mention pattern-drafting wetware.

Joy Beeson
--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://roughsewing.home.comcast.net/ -- sewing
Old June 28th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Sew Boyz wrote:

I think perhaps you missed my point...my sewgirls.com sign-on name was
chosen to disparage sewGIRLS' sexism , ergo Sew BOYZ.

Get it?

It loses something to those of us who don't access Usenet from a clunky
web-based interface.
Old June 28th 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Pogonip wrote:

sew boyz wrote:
harumph! like boys don't sew!

---sb---

Harumph! to you, too! If you'll look around, you'll see several men

who
post regularly to this N.G. because they do anywhere from a little to a

lot of sewing. We make no assumptions here - what sewgirls
does....well....I have no idea since I've never looked at their site.

I think perhaps you missed my point...my sewgirls.com sign-on name was
chosen to disparage sewGIRLS' sexism , ergo Sew BOYZ.

Get it?

---sb---
(a guy who sews)

I comprehend your post, but I do not "get it."