bad etiquette?

Old January 15th 05, 07:45 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

It is amazing what we can adapt to, isn't it?

Katherine

Absolutely, I have to run this by Otto....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old January 15th 05, 08:02 PM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

It is amazing what we can adapt to, isn't it?

Katherine

Absolutely, I have to run this by Otto....LOL

ROTFL!!

Katherine

Old January 16th 05, 10:12 PM
Ray Almond

In an article on r.c.t.y. "Katherine" writes:

Els van Dam wrote:
We watched a great french movie with Omar Shariff, yesterday evening,
and I could not have told the tolerance for different ways and
different religions better than it was done in that movie

"Messieur Abaram"

A gentle and kind story about everyday people,

ANything with Omar Shariff is good. I have never heard of this one, though.
I shall have to look for it next summer.

I can also recommend this film. I went to see it with my mother while I
was out for her birthday. We went to a local art house cinema which has
interesting films. It's a French film, set mostly in Paris in 50s/60s.
We saw it in French with English subtitles.

--
Ray Almond
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Old January 16th 05, 11:54 PM
Katherine

Els van Dam wrote:
We watched a great french movie with Omar Shariff, yesterday
evening, and I could not have told the tolerance for different ways
and different religions better than it was done in that movie

"Messieur Abaram"

A gentle and kind story about everyday people,

ANything with Omar Shariff is good. I have never heard of this one,
though. I shall have to look for it next summer.

I can also recommend this film. I went to see it with my mother
while I was out for her birthday. We went to a local art house
cinema which has interesting films. It's a French film, set mostly
in Paris in 50s/60s. We saw it in French with English subtitles.

Thanks, Ray. I am definitely going to look for this one.

Katherine

Old January 28th 05, 12:54 AM
Ranee Mueller

In article 4T0Fd.54869$6l.45533@pd7tw2no, "emerald" wrote:

wrote in message
Oh, I disagree. I always get so much practical application,
spiritual guidance and just plain uplifting from the sermons. I
don't think any of our priests takes less than 30 minutes, usually
longer. They engage the congregation, the kids are interested and
included, I usually take notes. Rich and I remember the sermons
and discuss them between ourselves and with the kids later during
the week. I actually am usually quite annoyed at the short and
pithy sermons, because they seem so superficial and surface level
to me. I'm interested in going deeper with the topic, the
scriptures.

I tend, for the most part, to prefer concision. I have been to far
too many lectures and seminars where the speakers have (one assumes,
or one wouldn't be there) some information to impart, but are
completely lacking in the ability to get to the point and impart it!

It is truly each to his/her own!

Ah, but concise is not the same as less than 10 minutes. All topics
can be condensed/reduced to a less than 10 minute overview, but not all
concise instruction or discussion will happen in less than 10 minutes.

Regards,
Ranee (who agrees about concision)

--
Remove Do Not and Spam to email

See my Blog at: http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Old January 28th 05, 12:55 AM
Ranee Mueller

In article ,
wrote:

If we think about knit/purl stitches as codes for information and the
fabric as an array or matrix of information, then given an
appropriate code system and the speed at which a good knitter can
knit, then a good knitter should be able to transcribe a lecture or
sermon verbatum; just like a court reporter.

I'll get right on that. I'll let you know how it goes...

Regards,
Ranee

Old January 28th 05, 04:47 AM
Els van Dam

In article , Ranee
Mueller wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

If we think about knit/purl stitches as codes for information and the
fabric as an array or matrix of information, then given an
appropriate code system and the speed at which a good knitter can
knit, then a good knitter should be able to transcribe a lecture or
sermon verbatum; just like a court reporter.

I'll get right on that. I'll let you know how it goes...

Regards,
Ranee

Well I did print out the morse signs alphabet, and maybe will try to knit
in mores code a valentines greeting on my FEb. 6x6. But whoever my
partner is going to be,...... Do not hold your breath......LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

OT - dress code etiquette Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 24 December 4th 04 01:29 AM
Guild Etiquette Sharon Gates Quilting 26 September 24th 04 02:03 PM
etiquette and large dead things bogus address Quilting 3 September 24th 04 12:39 AM
Squishie Etiquette frood Quilting 11 August 10th 04 04:07 PM
Machine classes was squishie etiquette TinaHoak Quilting 1 April 4th 04 08:03 PM