I'm Okay - foot dented, not broken

Old October 17th 04, 12:35 AM
Carol in SLC

Default I'm Okay - foot dented, not broken

One wicked cool thing: I have two extra bones in my foot!

Kathy, this only confirms how special you are!! I'm glad it wasn't broken, but
please *do* take it easy for awhile (I'm sure we can count on Manda to see to
it!).

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo3.jpg
Old October 17th 04, 12:51 AM
Beadbimbo

Kathy,

What a day for you. That Manda is a real trooper. I'm amazed that
she's so tuned in to you and how you're doing. Aren't teenagers supposed to
be completely self-absorbed?

I'm glad you're ok, and that your foot's not any worse than it is!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
The title really tells the tale. I went to the ER, and because I'm a
frequent flyer, they called me in right away. I confirmed that it
wasn't my heart or my lungs this time, and they relaxed. My oxygen
saturation rate sucks, but it always sucks and wasn't too bad for me.

Then I showed the triage nurse my foot. She panics. My foot is
black with bruising and has a visible dent on the top of my foot.
Off to X-ray instantly - they don't want me to wait. I know that
there is a little six year old girl with a bad cut waiting to be
seen, and I ask them to please take the baby first. (they did, thank
goodness)

Before the X-ray was even done, the doc was in there to get me. We
looked at the X-ray together, and it was obvious the bone is dented,
but it's not broken. At the worst, it's a greenstick fracture, which
doesn't need to be set. They offered me an inflatable cast or I
could go home and ice my foot.

Bob bought me a couple of bags of frozen peas _and_ carrots on the
way home. (Only the best for his girl!) No shoes for me for at least
three days, either. I guess my plans for the tap dance recital are
off - hah!

One wicked cool thing: I have two extra bones in my foot! I'm
psyched - my feet are even cooler than I thought. Probably explains
why my feet are so incredibly wide.

So me and my chimp feet are on chair rest for the evening. I didn't
bother getting anything for the pain, because then I'd have to wait
for the real ER - not the "fast track treatment room" where I was
seen. The hospital is completely full, and they were diverting
ambulances - I have no desire to spend the whole night in the waiting
room, especially when there were some very sick people waiting to be
seen.

Kathy N-V

Old October 17th 04, 12:51 AM
Cheryl

Woman

you will do anything for attention - -
LOL

well - I am glad it wasn't BROKEN

but - still ... you need to stay off it and take it easy...

as for the "extra bones" in your foot -
not uncommon...
my son has a few "less" because some of his metatarsals are "fused" into one...

a condition he inherited from his dad...
(who also had weird feet)

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old October 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Cheri2Star

I guess my plans for the tap dance recital are
off - hah!

One wicked cool thing: I have two extra bones in my foot! I'm
psyched - my feet are even cooler than I thought.

Aha, that explains the tap dancing! LOL
Glad to hear it's not broken, hope its not hurting too badly.

It also doesn't explain the collapse. What was that about? Did you just do
too much too soon?

Please rest up and take care of yourself.

Sending all my love,

Cheri
(Bubbee to Emily and Nathan)
Old October 17th 04, 01:30 AM
Marisa2

Carol in SLC wrote:

One wicked cool thing: I have two extra bones in my foot!

Kathy, this only confirms how special you are!! I'm glad it wasn't broken, but
please *do* take it easy for awhile (I'm sure we can count on Manda to see to
it!).

The part where she made other people be seen before herself was pretty
special too.

An ER room experience takes the nice out of anybody I've ever known...

marisa2
Old October 17th 04, 01:47 AM

A big "whew"! Glad it's not broken, but all the bruising due to the 'sones
you've taken? (My Mom's hand would turn black and blue from shaking hands
with someone.) Two extra bones - where do they fit in?

If I were Manda, I'd consider having a serious chat with my grandmother
about my mother's health. (Maybe she'll listen to a very concerned teen
better than she'll listen to her daughter.)

I hope you'll find a way to make the three days fly by. Want only the best
for you!

(((((Kathy, Bob, Manda, FIL)))))

Take care,

Vicki V

Old October 17th 04, 02:11 AM
starlia

I had two very ill grandparents when I was in my teens. I know EXACTLY how
Manda feels. One was a chronic alcoholic and one was very, very sick.
Thank God Nannie lasted until I was well on my way to adulthood. It's scary
knowing one parent can get so ill. I was very intuitive about Nannie's
breathing and heart condition. My grandfather was equally as bad but we
fought over him driving drunk daily. It's a wonder I never drank, smoke, or
did drugs since that was a prevailing thing in the family.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old October 17th 04, 02:17 AM
JavaGirlBT

I'm glad it's not broken, Kathy.
-Ellen

Old October 17th 04, 05:06 AM
Kandice Seeber

Ow. Ow, ow, ow!!! (((((hugs))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old October 17th 04, 06:42 AM
Christina Peterson

Ow-y ow-y. Glad it's not broken. You usually can't set on that either.

Keep quietly off your feet. Just a day or so.

Tina