OT Gail

Old June 21st 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default OT Gail

Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old June 21st 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
news
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Oh Dennis, I am so very sorry. You and your family have had a really rough
week.

Please know that you and Gail and your daughter will be in my prayers.

Hugs,
Murielle

Old June 21st 07, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Jun 21, 5:37 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Oh Dennis that is very rough news! I'm so sorry.

VP

Old June 21st 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Spike Driver wrote:
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

Oh, Dennis *******HUGS (those are sisterly, "one arm around the
shoulder while standing right next to you" hugs)

My little sister's FIL had a good 15 years or so after he was diagnosed
-- he hit a point and then just sort of stabilized for a loooong time.
He was far more blessed than people who were diagnosed 20 or 30 years
ago -- they set him up with a computer and taught him how to use it with
his best-controlled muscle, one knee. He wrote his autobiography,
corresponded with all his family all over the country, including his
grandchildren, by email, sent cute emails to all his friends (normally I
get tired of them, but this was his life, you know?), consulted with me
on learning Word Perfect 9 or 10, and had a reasonably full life for a
loooong time.

The one thing they did that they think helped was dietary stuff -- not
sure about all of it, but avoiding MSG like the plague is the one I
remember best (probably avoiding Nutrasweet would be a good idea, too).

I hope you find a good doctor at a good teaching hospital that you can
rely on -- it makes a world of difference.

You and Gail will be in my prayers.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old June 21st 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Spike Driver wrote:
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been
a rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty
and to start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has
returned after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks
for rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Oh [[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]] to you all.

Donna

"When Life gives you Lemons.....make Lemonade"

Old June 21st 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 21, 1:37 am, Spike Driver wrote:
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Oh, Lord, Dennis, I am so sorry to hear this! I will keep you all in
my
prayers.

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 21st 07, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On Jun 21, 1:37 am, Spike Driver wrote:
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Dennis - I am so sorry to read this. You and Gail will be in my
thoughts. My partner hopefully is going to rehab this week and I'll
think of you as I find out the tools she's given.

Alison
Old June 21st 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Dennis wrote:

Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been
a rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and
to start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has
returned after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks
for rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Dennis, I am so sorry. I'll keep candles lit and keep you all in my
thoughts.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old June 21st 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jun 21, 1:37?am, Spike Driver wrote:
Hello Friends,

Gail was diagnosed with ALS today "Lou Gehrigs Disease". It has been a
rough week. The doctor said the coming years will not be pretty and to
start making plans soon for assistance.

We also found out the same week that our daughter's cancer has returned
after being cancer free for 2 years.

Gail is in the Rehab Institute of Chicago for the next 3 to 4 weeks for
rehab and training on how to get along.

I am still working on items for the homeless in our area.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Dennis,

My prayers are going out to Gail and your daugther and to you too.
You'll have to keep those spirits high for both of them. You also know
that I'm here if you need to talk.

Hugs,

Nora

OT Gail is better Spike Driver Yarn 8 June 15th 07 12:50 AM
Dennis and Gail YarnWright Yarn 3 March 8th 06 10:39 PM
Thank you all from Gail Spike Driver Yarn 0 March 8th 06 08:16 AM
Thank from Dennis & Gail [email protected] Yarn 1 January 9th 06 04:16 PM
Thank from Dennis & Gail [email protected] Yarn 0 January 8th 06 11:34 AM