intro and looking for a yarn...

Old November 8th 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default intro and looking for a yarn...

Eastern Edge wrote:
Jessamy wrote:
Hiya Michelle,

thanks for the welcome! and thanks for looking too :-D my LYS does
have a lot of scheepjes wol - it's a Dutch company after all but the
Tossa is an older line and sold out there :-(

here I have found that manufacturers prefer one to have tried
"everything" before "bothering" them about something so I am doing
just that :-D

I yahoo too but find that NG's are best for real help and so far
have found nice groups to hang out in in the two I was in till now.
who knows maybe I will try knitting again - last attempt went well
but I seem to only be able to purl and not knit and hate how slow it
is compared to crochet

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Hi Jessamy

Oh, you sound like me...I, too, hate how slow knitting is in
comparison to crochet. Of course, my knitting skills have suffered
terribly because of it!

Michelle

Well I agree knitting does take longer however IMO some projects look better
Knitted such as Hats, Mittens, dishcloths and Sweaters. All my baby
blankets and big afghans are done in Crochet. I also do doilies in crochet.

Donna