OT -- totally OT -- cat toy

Old May 5th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT -- totally OT -- cat toy

On Thu, 4 May 2006 16:17:01 -0400, "Ellen" wrote:

"Debra" wrote in message
.. .

Sounds like she needs to check under the furniture and round up those
lost mousies. It is very likely that they are all hiding under the
same chair in the livingroom, or all under the bed. Wayward mousies
tend to hide in the same places as misplaced socks, so she can solve
both problems at once.

hahaha -- I was going to mention that but I figured she would get
incredibly insulted :-)

However they are moving in a month and I expect that all sorts of
interesting things will be recovered as they start moving out furniture :-)
I have already declared that I am not part of the move -- they live on the
3rd floor -- and that they need to round up a bunch of strong guys to carry
it all down the stairs.

Ellen

Well she will find all the favorite cat toy hiding spots when she
moves. She should be thankful her kitty doesn't go into a fit of loud
mourning when the toys end up in an unreachable spot. Samson makes
the most lonely sounding wail when he suddenly can't reach his
favorite mousie during a game. It sounds like he lost his best and
only friend, and he won't stop until DH or I retrieve the lost toy.
It's really funny to see a large black male cat wailing about the loss
of his neon pink toy mousie.

I'd opt out of helping with that move too. I helped my brother move
from a 3rd floor appt. once. No elevator in the building so
everything was moved via the stairway. I had sore legs for days
afterward.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old May 5th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Fri, 5 May 2006 07:26:54 +1000, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

We've found the perfect toy for our two. A golf ball. I kid you not. I
use it to exercise my foot (great massage tool) but when the kitties get
hold it's watch out! We have a long hallway and they bat it and chase it up
and down the hall for hours.

One of ours prefers a whole pecan. We think she likes the way it
rolls unpredictably due to the shape of the shell.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at