OT Hurricane damage update

Old April 20th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Hurricane damage update

Hey Everyone:

I just had to tell you all of the happiness I feel fight now. My
contractor will be finishing up tomorrow morning. My fence is totally
repaired or replaced. Now my neighbor can let his dogs out in the yard
without them running away.

My shed or should I say "RED BARN", is now completely rebuilt from the
foundation up. They even put on a brand new lock and completely wired
it for electric. It was painted red and trimmed in white.

My screened in backporch now had new flooring. All the trim up around
the roof has been replaced, 2 walls were replaced and the screen
repaired. They even installed a new door casing.

And if I later decide (an have the money) these guys will come back to
build a medal shed for my mower and yard tools.

Then Red Barn can be finished inside with drywall, more electrical
outlets, telephone, cable TV, more lighting, shelving, build a cutting
table, install AC and heat for a Quilt Barn. This building is 14 feet
wide and 16 feet long with 8 foot ceiling. They said they would even
install tile on the concrete floor.

Now... if I could just win the powerball lottery I could have my Quilt
Barn by the end of the month. Snicker-Snort. Until then my master
bedroom is my quilt barn. Of course my "HUG" is prominently displayed
on my bed.

As Martha would say, "This is a good thing".

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old April 20th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If you didn't see the special magic words in Kate's happiness report, read
it again. She says her Hug is prominently displayed on her bed. There have
been too many times that the reporters have said "they lost everything".
Nope. They lost a lot . . . but they didn't lose everything.
All of us are so profoundly grateful and forever indebted to those who
held us close and continue to hold us up.
Good for you, Kate. So happy for you. How sweet it is. Polly

Old April 20th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Kate T. wrote:

[...]

Excellent news!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old April 20th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am so happy for you Kate.May your tomorrows continue this way!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

oups.com...

Old April 20th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Great news! Thanks for sharing your successes. It's hard to imagine what it
must have been like for you over the past months, but I'm so glad life is
somewhat back to normal now.

A Quilt Barn, huh? That's what I call a home improvement!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old April 20th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yippee .... it is wonderful to hear that one
little plot in Mississippi is restored to
livable and likable condition. Bless you.
PAT

Old April 20th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Great to hear that you are recovering from last season's hurricane.
Recovery takes such a long time.....we took about a year to recover from
Opal in '95, and that was without repairing the house (we were renting, so
we moved to a new location).

--
Susan in Kingston ON
still unpacking.......

Old April 20th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article .com,
"Kate T." wrote:

Hey Everyone:

I just had to tell you all of the happiness I feel fight now.

Oh, Kate -- what absolutely *wonderful* news! Good luck in the lottery
-- I think getting your barn finished would be fantastic.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 20th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes I won the powerball. I sat here last evening just laughing my head
off. The powerball itself is worth 3 whole dollars. Who says the good
Lord doesn't answer your prayers. Now if I can just get a home
improvement loan for 10,000 of those powerballs I'll be all set.

It's great to look out my kitchen window now. If it were not for the
loss of all my trees, you'd never know a hurricane came through here 8
months and 3 weeks ago.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old April 21st 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi Kate, Sound like really great progress. I am so happy that your life is
getting back to normal. Hugs, Linda in Tx