Help needed! Need an easy DWR pattern!

Old April 6th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Help needed! Need an easy DWR pattern!

Howdy!
My 1st & still favorite DWR resides in "Ragmop Quilts"

I understand about the hand work and time. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy

On 4/5/06 10:15 PM, in article
, "Tigg"
wrote:

Well, I didn't think about clipping the seams. Might try that
tomorrow. The templates that Mom ordered are acrylic now, not sure
what they were made of before that. We did compare the one for the
melon with the one in the book and they aren't exactly the same size,
so we made a plastic template from the book and are using that for the
melons (can't rotary cut them, but oh well). We are doing the matching
the middle and pinning, then pinning the corners, then between the pins
though. She's going to send it out for quilting so won't have to worry
about binding the curves (they do that there too). As to doing it by
hand, neither Mom or I have the ability to do much by hand anymore, and
since it has to be done for Mary's birthday in October, I don't think
that is an option.

Rags, didn't you tell me that you made one using just one piece for the
arcs, two different colors, at one time?
Tigg

Old April 7th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Howdy!
First time, I used the instructions for the pattern w/ the
flimsy, plastic-coated cardboard templates in the J.Flynn pkg.
Then I read several library books on DWR quilts, looked at some
unquilted DWR tops to see how "they" did it, and finally got the
S.Jorgenson templates (from Shar, as a gift for helping set up her
stuff when she came to guild); where the patterns agreed, that's what
I figured was the "right way" to do this. I used the melons to design
a quilting template for the centers of the rings.
Keep at it; you'll figure this out and have a Finished quilt.
Good luck!

Ragmop/Sandy

On 4/6/06 5:45 PM, in article
, "Tigg"
wrote:

Ok, one more question for you, Rags. What pattern did you use?

Mom and I worked on the quilt again today, most all day. We're about
to give up on the Flynn system, but I brought it home to see if I could
figure out what we might be doing wrong. I also brought another
pattern Mom had home and will see if I can figure that one out as well.
We have a 3rd pattern that Mom had already cut templates out for and I
cut enough to do 2 arcs and one football/melon thingy (depending on
which pattern you use, they have different names) from some scraps we
had cut into probably 3 inch squares awhile back for use in another
quilt. It lays flat. So, push come to shove, we'll use that pattern,
but that means lots of drawing around templates and lots of cutting out
with scissors (I made a deal with Mom that if she did the tracing, I'd
do the cutting (my hands are in better shape than hers).). I'm going
to send an email to John Flynn and see if he has any suggestions using
his template, but I'm not holding my breath on getting an answer. I
imagine he's pretty busy.

Tigg (who may be as bald as Daddy by the time we get this quilt made.)

Pattern Help Needed Please T Quilting 8 August 15th 05 12:17 AM
Pattern Maker and Viewer for Pattern Maker. F.James Cripwell Needlework 2 July 31st 05 08:38 PM
Quick-Easy-Teen Hat Pattern Needed Joy Hardie Machine Knit 3 December 21st 04 02:53 PM
FA: Abundance of Vogue patterns buck16 Marketplace 0 February 20th 04 08:48 PM
Copyrights and Pattern Usage [email protected] Sewing 0 November 28th 03 05:08 PM