OT another chance to do some good

Old January 11th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default OT another chance to do some good

Our women's club in Munich supports a school project in Burkina Faso,
in which one of our members is very much involved. She got this
contact from a Peace Corps volunteer in BF who is trying to build a
library in her village. So please go vote, if you feel like it. See
below. Our club member travels down every year, and the people there
are pining for education. Her project started 6 years ago with one
primary school for girls. Now that school has expanded to high school
level, following a very rigorous French curriculum, and they have
something like 90% graduation rates. They're adding a boarding
facility so kids in outlying areas don't have to walk for hours each
way. And there's a ripple effect: neighboring villages see the
benefits and want a school too! They do all the work themselves, they
just need start-up money.
Roberta in D, See Below!

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/voting.aspx
No sign up or registration necessary! Just click on the bubble next
to "Friends of African Village Libraries" (it's about halfway down the
page) and then scroll to the bottom to submit your vote.
Please foward the link to as many people as possible (use those
networks!) We're competing against some very big US based
organizations, so the competition is going to be tough, but we've made
it this far and i think we have a chance.
Voting takes about 10 seconds, so do it ASAP while it's on your mind
and before the contest is over.
The grant money will be split 50/50 between my village and that of
another PC volunteer if we win, which would be HUGE for both projects.
THANKS!!!!
http://www.betterworldbooks.com/voting.aspx
Happy New Year!
Love, jen

and dont forget to visit my website at:
www.books4bougounam.wordpress.com
Old January 12th 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

More on stocking libraries in the developing world
http://librariesforall.org

and to keep this on topic, an opportunity for quiltmakers:
http://librariesforall.org/?How_You_Can_Help

Nann
@the library in Zion, Illinois

THANKS!!!!http://www.betterworldbooks.com/voting.aspx