Signs of a bead addiction

Old October 26th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Default Signs of a bead addiction

You know when you are addicted to beads when.....
1. You pass a school and you read the sign on the message board as
"National Right to Bead Week" instead of "National Right to Read Week".
2. You don't mind if your husband spends hours at the model railroad
shop because they have all kinds of cool tools you could use for
beading.
3. You look at your yearly calendar and you've marked all the bead
shows on it instead of people's birthdays.
4. You find yourself dreaming about Bali silver.
5. You fall in love with a different, new gemstone bead every week.
6. You look at the ironing, and think, "hmm, I think I"ll make just
one more bracelet before I start. That will give me motivation. I can
wear it and look at it while I iron."
7. You tape award shows so you can design beaded designs to go with
the gowns instead of those "tacky" borrowed diamonds.
8. Your child introduces you to their friends, saying, "My mom makes
jewelry", with an eye roll.
9. You go to the Gathering and people ask you to autograph your page
in a beading book, and it makes you feel like a movie star.
10. Your family knows who to call when they need a last minute gift
for someone.

Here are my top 10 reasons. I hope everyone chimes in with theirs!
Have a happy, beading weekend to all!

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old October 26th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

11. When your family shops at your house b/c you have made enough jewelry to
adorn the masses!
12. When you can locate your beads, but not your electric bill, your glasses
or your emergency banana.
13. When you spend hours online drooling over beads you could never afford,
instead of washing your undies.

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
ups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

LOLOLOL!!!!
Emergency Banana, Karleen?
I'm so tempted to ask....but no....NO.....I'm going to try and get that
image out of my brain.

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
link.net...
11. When your family shops at your house b/c you have made enough jewelry

adorn the masses!
12. When you can locate your beads, but not your electric bill, your

glasses
or your emergency banana.
13. When you spend hours online drooling over beads you could never

afford,
instead of washing your undies.

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
ups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

14. When you see a set of beads so beautiful that it literally brings you to
tears.
15. When you start to think about what bills you can postpone to be able to
buy that perfect set of beads.

--
[...]

ups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

1. You pass a school and you read the sign on the message board as
"National Right to Bead Week" instead of "National Right to Read Week".

Lol! I've done this one!!

Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 27th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Carla

11. When you almost pick up something icky on the street, because at
first glance you thought it was a bead.

12. When picking out clothes to wear to work depends on what jewelry
you just finished and have to wear *right* *now*!

13. When fancy dress occasions call for bead shopping...even before
shoe shopping.

14. When almost anything makes you think, "I bet I could drill a hole
and string it..."

Cute thread, Patti

Cheers,
Carla

Old October 27th 06, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

UH, I guess I should explain.... I'm a diabetic and I always carry an
"emergency banana" with me. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SHEESH Dawn!!!!
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
"Dawn ^..^" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

ups.com...

Old October 27th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dawn >^..^

Oooops! Shame on me!!!!
--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
Web Site http://www.art-insomnia.com
Auctions http://tinyurl.com/qyva7

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
.net...
UH, I guess I should explain.... I'm a diabetic and I always carry an
"emergency banana" with me. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SHEESH Dawn!!!!
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
Join our Yahoo Group:
"Dawn ^..^" wrote in message
[...]