A few new things from me!

Old October 25th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Default A few new things from me!

I've had so little torch time, spending a lot more time working with the
foster dogs, but I made this Halloweiner a while ago:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/halloweiner1a.jpg

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/halloweiner1b.jpg

I got the idea from one of my daughter's favorite Halloween books when she
was little. There was a dachshund character, who dressed up as a hotdog.

I saw a similar bracelet in an ad in an old B&B and thought, "I can do
that!" I love this one:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/tubebeads1a.jpg

Another tree pendant with the beads Becki sent me:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/treeturq.jpg

On the doggy front, here's my new foster, Hobie:

http://www.beadbimbo.com//ebay/hobie4asm.jpg

Hobie was dumped with a bag of dog food in N. Ga., along a deserted road. A
woman spotted him and took him food and water. He was friendly and playful,
but had never had a collar or a leash, so he went nuts when she tried to
coax him into her car. He stayed in the same spot for two months, waiting
for someone to come back for him. The director of our shelter went up, with
a woman from one of the local vets', and they tranquilized Hobie and brought
him down. He's great, but terrified of being in the house. He's been with
me since Monday and hasn't gotten off the doormat. He'll go in and out the
door now, so we're making progress. At least he can't get into trouble when
he won't get off the doormat!

For another doggie pic, I'm attaching one of my favorites, Flying Nun (for
her ears). I had this white boxer for two weeks. A lfe people thought
she looked like a pit bull, but for boxer people who recognized her as
boxer right away. (Google "white boxer" if you want to see more of them.)
Anyway, this wild child lived in a kennel for the past 6 or 8 months. I
brought her home and found that she was the best house dog, so well behaved,
loving and smart. She got adopted and this picture is her with her new
sister, a shar pei/boxer/mix. They were best buds from the moment they met.
I couldn't have asked for a better home for this one. Nun's new mom has
e-mailed me almost everyday to let me know how they're doing.

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/S&S1sm.jpg

That's it for me! (That's probably enough, huh?)

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 25th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Patti

Jerri,
LOVE the hot dog bead!! But, I truly ADORE the bracelet, it is so
beautiful.
I won't bore you with my latest misadventures in bead weaving. I am
now convinced that certain people are just not meant to bead weave!
I went down to Carlisle School of Art Glass in Millville, NJ (just
down the road from Wheaton Arts, formerly Wheaton Village) and took a
fusing class from Deb Crowley last week, it was great to get away for a
few days. I'll try to send you a jpeg of the bracelet I made when I get
a few minutes.
Jerri, I greatly admire your work with the foster dogs. I know I
would get way too attached to them, it is such an unselfish and caring
thing you are doing. My son bought his girlfriend a Westie named
Austin, he's such a cute puppy. He comes to visit sometimes, and I
miss him when he's not here. He's a real people dog.

Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old October 25th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beckibead

GREAT pictures, GREAT post, GREAT work and give Hobie a kiss for me,
please. Loved it all.

Bec

Old October 25th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

That last picture is a SCREAM. I kept it in my pic files so I can see
it again and again. (I have one file titled "Spike"!) Jerri, I LOVE
you.

````````````````````````````````

Old October 26th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Patti!

Awwwwwwwwww, a friend's mom just had to have her 17 yr. old rescue Westie
put down. She's heartbroken. They are such cuties.

Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ups.com...

Old October 26th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Becki!!!

Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ups.com...

Old October 26th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Awwwwww, thanks. That picture is so perfect of Nun. She was so full of
joy. From what her new mom tells me, she loves all the people and dogs
she's met in their neighborhood, and the feeling is mutual. Just looking at
her makes you smile, she's so funny looking.

Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ups.com...

Things we do in public Wooly Yarn 34 May 13th 06 12:41 PM
A couple of new things. Beadbimbo Beads 10 October 15th 05 11:54 AM
Let's Get Some Things Straight, Shall We? Rachel T. Beads 54 February 22nd 05 12:20 AM
OT 1 of the Most Beautiful Things..... Dr. Sooz Beads 78 September 2nd 03 04:48 AM