Pins everywhere! Oh argh!!

Old January 9th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Pins everywhere! Oh argh!!

Oh my gosh. What a mess. Everyone better wear shoes for awhile.
Poor pup. Wrong time of year for a shave. Brrr. Sometimes if
you have a dark room and shine a flashlight on an area the pins
will sort of show up. Good luck with the clean up.
Taria

Jan wrote:

Earlier today I spilled a thing of pins off my sewing table... all silver
on my pewter colored carpet..... that was bad enough... but what I didn't
realize is they fell on my long fur dog on the way down.... about an hour
ago my husband started yelling for help.... Mr. Roo had walked around the
house shaking..... pins in my daughter's bed, an expensive all organic
futon because of her allergies, in the carpet everywhere in all rooms, pins
in my bed......... well now..... I think I'll be getting a magnetic pin
dish tomorrow...... sigh....... just something to think about... frisk the
dog if you dump your pins.... next I guess I get to shave him to make sure
everything is out.... joy oh joy.......

Old January 9th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh, dear, poor doggie. Find a good strong magnet, maybe one from your
husband's tool box that's used to pick up dropped nails, screws, tools, etc.
and run it over the fur and see if there's anything there. Beats shaving in
winter.
--
Carey in MA
(hoping puppies don't get shaved....)

"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Thanks Taria! Went over all the rooms with the flashlight, vacuum and
had hubby double check me. I think Jessica's quilt held the pins out of
the mattress, and luckily it didn't pop her inflatable castle head &
footboard. Looking sideways at the sheepdog wondering if I have to
shave her too... her fur would never let anything out. Luckily they are
both indoor dogs so they won't freeze too bad... sigh...... wierd... you
would have thought I would have seen the pins before now... it's been
since around noon...... wierd

Jan

Taria wrote in

Old January 9th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Do you have pretty good magnet on the refrigerator door? Most of ours are
kind of weak but there's one or two that might detect a pin in doggy fur.
Polly
"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...
Oh that's a really good idea!! Was even wishing I had a metal detector
for them lol.... I started brushing them and I don't see anything
yet.... may wait until tomorrow.... after I buy the magnetic pin
dish..... Thanks!!!

Jan

Old January 9th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Jan, I got my husband one of those magnetic chrome dishes that hold screws
and stuff and it is a lot more powerful than the pin cushion. I only paid a
couple bucks for it and he really likes it. I used it when I dropped pins
in a plush carpet and it picked them up so much better than my regular
magnet pin cushion.

Cindy