Anyone Use the Quilt Easy Quilt Frame?

Old February 25th 04, 05:08 PM
MelissaInNJ

Default Anyone Use the Quilt Easy Quilt Frame?

I know this one comes up a lot but now it's my turn....I have some
money saved and am thinking of making a machine quilting frame
purchase. I like the Quilt Easy Quilt Frame because it rests table
top. Anyone have this and willing to share pros/cons/experience?

Thanks!
Melissa in NJ
Old February 25th 04, 05:55 PM
DMOscarson

I have the Quilt Easy and love it! It's nice and sturdy, sits on top of the
table with no clamps or tape, needs no modifications (like I keep hearing about
from the Handiquilter users). I have a Juki machine on it (wonderful machine)
and I have handihandles and a homemade front handle with extra speed
control/switch. Very happy with the whole set up.

Debbie in MN
http://hometown.aol.com/dmoscarson/m...xtilearts.html
Old February 25th 04, 06:03 PM
Debbie

Forgot to mention. All the quilts on my page were quilted on this system.

Old February 26th 04, 03:19 AM
Debbie

Is there enough room under the throat of the Juki to do a pattern on a 12"
block?

Gina in IL

Not all at once. I just finished doing feathered patterns on a '30s quilt and
I rolled it back and forth as I worked. With the needle down feature on the
Juki, this wasn't difficult. For the huge price difference -- about $1,400 for
my system and about $14,000 for a longarm -- I don't mind the little bit of
extra work. And, of course, there are patterns you can do in two passes on
your borders, etc.

Old February 28th 04, 01:45 AM
Eli

So let's say you're doing a cable on your borders. For the horizontal
borders you work horizontally. For the vertical borders, you wait and do
those after everything else? Then re-roll the quilt in the opposite
direction? I've always wondered this for all quilting machines.

Gina in IL