men's sock garters

Old January 10th 05, 09:19 PM
needlened

Default men's sock garters

We need to make some for a local production but need help finding a
pattern so we don't goof up and a place to inexpensively buy the
supplies like those little hooks, hopefully at a fair price. THe rare
place I have seen the finished product they would be mych too expensive
to buy alrerady made.

Thanks,

NNed

Old January 11th 05, 07:04 AM

I bet www.sewsassy.com would have them.
Old January 11th 05, 08:10 PM
needlened

Could you or anyone point me to a specific page? I looked but cannot
see all the parts for MENS sock garters... those things that go on the
calf. Like those little leather pieces or adjuster bits so the persona
can fit ot to their legs, or (expecially?) the patterns. Any pattern
on the web?

Thanks, looks like a nice supply place though.

NNEd

Old January 12th 05, 06:59 PM

needlened wrote:
Could you or anyone point me to a specific page? I looked but cannot
see all the parts for MENS sock garters... those things that go on the
calf. Like those little leather pieces or adjuster bits so the persona
can fit ot to their legs, or (expecially?) the patterns. Any pattern
on the web?

Well, I looked up a pic of one and found this:

http://www.rubylane.com/ni/shops/rar...R01104-12#pic1

Looks like you could make it with a sturdy fabric (or reinforced
moleskin if you want a leather look) instead of leather and old garter
pieces and bra strap adjusters for the rest.

If you wanted a patttern, I saw a pair for $9 on a Google search that
might be worth buying to get a pattern out of it.
Old January 13th 05, 08:30 PM
needlened

Does anyone else have any thoughts, suppliers places for me to check?
They're on my back a bit,,,

NNEd

Old January 13th 05, 08:34 PM
needlened

We're looking into this. But where do you get that special looking
little clip and thing it clips to... the part that attaches around the
calf... we need the adjustability and want to be accurate.

NNEd

Old January 13th 05, 09:03 PM
Jenn Ridley

"needlened" wrote:

We're looking into this. But where do you get that special looking
little clip and thing it clips to... the part that attaches around the
calf... we need the adjustability and want to be accurate.

Exactly which part are you looking for?

The garter clip (which is the part that attaches to the sock)? Those
can be found at hockey supply places and also at some well stocked
sewing supply places. Look for ones which cater to costumers, lingerie
makers, or goth types.

The fabric or leather which connects the clip to the calf band? You
may need to cut your own.

The calf band (which seems to be adjustable elastic now, but used to
be ribbon or silk with a slider)? Use a suspender slide of the
appropriate size for the elastic/ribbon you're using for the garter.

http://www.farthingales.on.ca/findings.php#garters has the bits you
need, and good pictures, too.
--
Jenn Ridley :
Old January 13th 05, 10:13 PM
needlened

It's hard to descibe... I've seen close up pictures. It's the part
that disconnects and reconnewcts arounf the calf... you make it to open
and close, not just a solid loop arounf the calf. THey are made of
metal, and loop over a little dimple thingy.

NNEd

Old January 14th 05, 01:50 AM
Larry Jaques

On 13 Jan 2005 12:30:29 -0800, "needlened"
calmly ranted:

Does anyone else have any thoughts, suppliers places for me to check?
They're on my back a bit,,,

http://www.zootsuitstore.com/Shoppin...ry=accessories

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming

Old January 14th 05, 01:59 AM
needlened

Thanks but that's retail... as I said we have to make them.

That roundish loop thingy I was talking aboiut is in that pix though
right in the middle.

NNEd