sewing machine in for service

Old August 15th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Default sewing machine in for service

I finally managed to get enough stuff completed such that I could get my
machine in for service and not but too much pressure on myself when it's
returned to get things done on time!

Now I feel bereft, what do I do with myself, how to I occupy myself in
the time I would have spent sewing!

I'm also questioning whether it is really worth doing, the machine is a
lowish model, it's selling at about 300 dollars now, though I think was
more like 400 when it was given to me and the service will cost around
100. Though if I were to replace it in the near future, I'd probably
only have a similar amount to spend, if I wait a year or so, hopefully
I'll have a higher budget for one.

Anne
Old August 15th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Anne Rogers wrote:
I finally managed to get enough stuff completed such that I could get my
machine in for service and not but too much pressure on myself when it's
returned to get things done on time!

Now I feel bereft, what do I do with myself, how to I occupy myself in
the time I would have spent sewing!

I'm also questioning whether it is really worth doing, the machine is a
lowish model, it's selling at about 300 dollars now, though I think was
more like 400 when it was given to me and the service will cost around
100. Though if I were to replace it in the near future, I'd probably
only have a similar amount to spend, if I wait a year or so, hopefully
I'll have a higher budget for one.

Anne

Keeping it in good condition will benifit you in the long run. You can
keep it, for a back up machine, after you buy your new one and then
you won't have to have any down time as you will be used to sewing on
it when you send your new one in for service. It also is sometimes
helpful to have two machines set up to sew different thread colors
when that becomes necessary. Remember, you can never have too many
sewing machines.

John

Old August 15th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

How to occupy yourself? Get your next project(s) all cut out and
organized... so when you get your machine back... you can put the pedal to
the metal!

--
Kate in MI

. ..

Old August 15th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Kate G. wrote:
How to occupy yourself? Get your next project(s) all cut out and
organized... so when you get your machine back... you can put the pedal to
the metal!

I did think that, but actually my to do list is mostly quilting, not
piecing, if I cut something ready to piece, I'd be more inclined to pick
it up and do that rather than getting the quilting done!

Cheers
Anne
Old August 16th 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

Anne Rogers wrote:
I finally managed to get enough stuff completed such that I could get my
machine in for service and not but too much pressure on myself when it's
returned to get things done on time!

Now I feel bereft, what do I do with myself, how to I occupy myself in
the time I would have spent sewing!

I'm also questioning whether it is really worth doing, the machine is a
lowish model, it's selling at about 300 dollars now, though I think was
more like 400 when it was given to me and the service will cost around
100. Though if I were to replace it in the near future, I'd probably
only have a similar amount to spend, if I wait a year or so, hopefully
I'll have a higher budget for one.

Anne

Now, Anne, you love to quilt, right?

And surely it is more fun if the machine is in good nick, since it is
less likely to be temperamental, make noise or whatever.

And what the others said about backup is true too.

Hanne in London
Old August 16th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:57:02 -0700, Anne Rogers
wrote:

Kate G. wrote:
How to occupy yourself? Get your next project(s) all cut out and
organized... so when you get your machine back... you can put the pedal to
the metal!

I did think that, but actually my to do list is mostly quilting, not
piecing, if I cut something ready to piece, I'd be more inclined to pick
it up and do that rather than getting the quilting done!

Cheers
Anne

Then it's time to sandwich those quilts.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at