Name this quilt

Old August 15th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Name this quilt

Remember The Monkey's song "Here we come, walking down the street, get the
funniest looks from everyone we meet."
"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message ..
But then all the 'beggars' around here would claim it!
Ta, PAT

Bobbie Sews More wrote:

This Quilt Was Made to Travel

Here I Come

Barbara in SC

Old August 15th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

melinda wrote:
Pat in Virginia wrote:
Thanks, Val. I had thought of that child's rhyme too,
but couldn't remember the 'other color' .... not blue,
the other one. Since the Warhol inspiration work is
just one blue shoe, I really could have fun with that.
So, are you sure it is red, not green?? I am not
doubting YOU, just verifying this. Thanks!
PAT in VA

One fish Two fish Red fish Blue fish...

Another movie title - My Left Foot

Oh, one of my favourite movies - not easily accessible, I think I've
seen it on TV twice.

Hanne in London
Old August 15th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Then on the inside of the shoe is: corns, callouses and carbuncles!

jennellh

On Aug 14, 11:50 pm, Pat in Virginia wrote:
Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 15th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

There is a Dr. Seuss book called "Foot Book", but this sounds more like
"One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish". I don't remember how the
"Foot Book" goes, but I do remember DD had it memorized before she could
read, so she pretended to read it.

Julia in MN

Polly Esther wrote:
If this is a test, I'm probably going to be sent to the back of the class -
but, if memory serves - there's a book by Dr Seuss that is the "Foot" book.
We read it dozens of times a day for months when our grandtwins were having
a hard time getting their little mouths and brains to manage the 'F' sound.
I'm thinking that one went:
One Foot, Two Foot,
Red Foot, Blue Foot,
Foot, foot, foot.
It won't bother me one bit to be wrong; just thought I'd toss in a truly
worthless 2¢. Polly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Val. I had thought of that child's rhyme too, but couldn't
remember the 'other color' .... not blue, the other one. Since the Warhol
inspiration work is just one blue shoe, I really could have fun with that.
So, are you sure it is red, not green?? I am not doubting YOU, just
verifying this. Thanks!
PAT in VA

Val wrote:

One shoe, two shoe, red shoe, blue shoe (play on the children's book
title)

Time wounds all heels

Sole Mates

Shoe and tell (show and tell)

A quilt is worth a thousand shoes

High heels were invented by a women who was kissed on the forehead.

If the shoe fits, it's ugly.

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. --Oprah

.......cut.......

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old August 15th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Default Name this quilt.......fish & feet

After sending my post I've had "Seuss-ja vous" running through my head and
it's been almost 40 years since I was reading those books over and over and
over and......

One fish two fish red fish blue fish.
Black fish blue fish old fish new fish
This one has a little star.
This one has a little car.
My shoe is off my foot is cold.
I have a bird I like to hold.
My hat is old my teeth are gold.
And now my story all is told......

I know there's more to the fish thing but my memory has graciously reverted
back to when my son had yet to memorize the book by rote and I could still
turn multiples of pages to hurry to the end.........the Foot Book as I
remember:

Left foot left foot right foot right
Feet in the morning feet at night
Wet foot dry foot low foot high foot
Front feet back feet red feet black feet
Slow feet quick feet trick feet slick feet
Up feet down feet here comes the clown feet
Small feet big feet here comes the pig feet
His feet her feet fuzz and fur feet
Up in the air feet over a chair feet
In the house and on the street
More and more feet twenty-four feet
Left foot right foot feet feet feet
Oh my how many feet you meet

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHKK!!!

.........make it stop fer good golly sakes, somebody start humming the Dr
Pepper jingle!!
~mumbling...."do you like green eggs and ham...."~
......frantically searching for medication so I can finish this
muffletyfritzen wedding quilt. Our Polly gets the prize and blame for this,
I just want pills.....or alcohol......or chocolate.....or....or all of them
together......"I do not like them Sam I Am"......~sobbing~

Val

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Polly,
You and Val are both right. No prize, but you both get bragging rights!
With your reminder about Dr. Seuss, I googled and saw the photo of the
famous book. Here it is ... NAYY!! ..... http://tinyurl.com/35xsrn

I am not sure why I kept thinking 'green!' ... maybe I was thinking of
green eggs and ham! My only excuse is that it has been a very loooooong
time since I've read books to/with kidlets.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request. PAT

Old August 15th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Jingles in your head... was: Name this quilt.......fish & feet

Howdy!

Val, this often works:
It's a small world after all.... *snicker*
http://tinyurl.com/a2q2s

For a month I've had this jingling around in my noggin (plenty of empty
space up there); watched a Les Paul special on PBS, w/ his former wife
Mary Ford singing:
Somewhere there's music, how faint the tune,
Somewhere there's heaven, how high the moon?

OY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezw_4YTIa8M

Ragmop/Sandy--- quilt name:
A Shoe In
Shoe-She-Bar (shoes & fish)
Goody Two Shoes
Shoestring Budget (string quilting)
Shoe n' Tell
How High the Shoe?
It's a small, small shoe..

On 8/15/07 3:23 PM, in article ,
"Val" wrote:

After sending my post I've had "Seuss-ja vous" running through my head and
it's been almost 40 years since I was reading those books over and over and
over and......

*friendly snipping*

Old August 15th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Do you remember the Seuss line about 'lollapaloosa'? The one that ended 'at
least very few-sa'? Ah yes. I did my time with Dr. Seuss. Polly

Old August 16th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

"Walk on By"?
--
Debi

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Old August 16th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Here, you can have my earworm:

My grandma and your grandma
Were sittin' by the fire
My grandma told your grandma
"I'm gonna set your flag on fire"

Chorus
Talkin' bout...
Hey now! Hey now!
Iko, Iko, un de'
Jockamo feeno ai na nay'
Jockamo fee na nay'

Look at my king all dressed in red
Iko, Iko, un de
Betcha five dollars he'll kill ya dead
Jockamo fee na nay'

Chorus

My flag boy and your flag boy
Were sittin' by the fire
My flag boy told your flag boy
"I'm gonna set your flag on fire"

Chorus

Jockamo fee na nay'
Iko!

Chorus

See that man all dressed in green
Iko, Iko, un de
He's not a man, he's a lovin machine
Jockamo fee na nay'

That has been stuck in my head on and off for more than a month...

NightMist
I guess it's better than Small World

Polly Esther wrote:

[...]

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
Bloody Hell!!
I'm a sugar bowl!