Name this quilt

Old August 15th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Name this quilt

Polly,
You and Val are both right. No prize, but you both get
bragging rights! With your reminder about Dr. Seuss, I
googled and saw the photo of the famous book. Here it
is ... NAYY!! ..... http://tinyurl.com/35xsrn

I am not sure why I kept thinking 'green!' ... maybe I
was thinking of green eggs and ham! My only excuse is
that it has been a very loooooong time since I've read
books to/with kidlets.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my request. PAT

Polly Esther wrote:

If this is a test, I'm probably going to be sent to the back of the class -
but, if memory serves - there's a book by Dr Seuss that is the "Foot" book.
We read it dozens of times a day for months when our grandtwins were having
a hard time getting their little mouths and brains to manage the 'F' sound.
I'm thinking that one went:
One Foot, Two Foot,
Red Foot, Blue Foot,
Foot, foot, foot.
It won't bother me one bit to be wrong; just thought I'd toss in a truly
worthless 2¢. Polly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Val. I had thought of that child's rhyme too, but couldn't
remember the 'other color' .... not blue, the other one. Since the Warhol
inspiration work is just one blue shoe, I really could have fun with that.
So, are you sure it is red, not green?? I am not doubting YOU, just
verifying this. Thanks!
PAT in VA

Old August 15th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

But then all the 'beggars' around here would claim it!
Ta, PAT

Bobbie Sews More wrote:

This Quilt Was Made to Travel

Here I Come

Barbara in SC

Old August 15th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Thanks, Val. I had thought of that child's rhyme too,
but couldn't remember the 'other color' .... not blue,
the other one. Since the Warhol inspiration work is
just one blue shoe, I really could have fun with that.
So, are you sure it is red, not green?? I am not
doubting YOU, just verifying this. Thanks!
PAT in VA

One fish Two fish Red fish Blue fish...

Another movie title - My Left Foot

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old August 15th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

The GSoE is way fun and cute!! LOL
Thanks, PAT

maryd wrote:

Step to the front of the Class
Step Up
Quick Step
The Greatest Shoe on Earth
Shoe Nuff

Old August 15th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Yeah, Cinderella does come to mind!
So many good ideas ... so little time.
Thanks, PAT

Patti S wrote:

If the shoe fits
One Shoe Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Never Enough Shoes
Dime a Dance
Cinderella's Closet
Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
Fit For A Queen
The Perfect Shopping Day

Patti in Seattle

Old August 15th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks, now I'll be humming "Give me that old soft
shoe" all day long. LOL,
PAT

melinda wrote:

Pat in Virginia wrote:

Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

First thing that came to mind was
'Soft Shoe Shuffle'

Old August 15th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Lots of good ideas there Debra (of course, what else
from another Virginian!) ... but my favorite is Agony
of De Feet! Thanks. PAT

Debra wrote:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:50:34 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

.....cut...

"Agony of De Feet" might be useful for wacky shaped shoes

.......cut.....
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Old August 15th 07, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Yep, when this group starts throwing out suggestions
(on any quilting topic) it always gives me more ideas
for more quilts! Ta,
PAT, sighing in Virginia

Pati C. wrote:

Boot Scootin' was sung by Billy Ray Cyrus......

Lots of good ideas happening..... and giving me ideas too........sigh.

Pati, in Phx

http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old August 15th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

One Fish, Two Fish, Red
Fish, Blue Fish_ by Dr. Seuss:

Is one of his books...not too sure about the 'foot book' other than what my
Podiatrist has up. He put pages of his book on the cabinet doors showing
"High foot low foot"....etc.... Don't recall the rest.of what he has up in
his 'cast room' , sorry, I can't be of more help.
Maybe one of our Grandmas or Moms on here can help a bit more..

I can just pic Pat having striped red Cat in the Hat 'shoes' around the
perimeter of the quilt---instead of hats they would be made into shoes and
the middle of the quilt will have high shoe(ballerina shoe) low shoe(flip
flop) wet shoe (boot, yellow galoshes or waders) dry shoe (Mary Jane's),
etc. now I can't WAIT to see what she does

(((As an aside, does Mary Janes have an apostrophe since it is a title? I've
often wondered about that)

Butterfly (HURRY UP, PAT ! WE'RE WAITING ON YOU)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
[...]

Val wrote:

One shoe, two shoe, red shoe, blue shoe (play on the children's book
title)

Time wounds all heels

Sole Mates

Shoe and tell (show and tell)

A quilt is worth a thousand shoes

High heels were invented by a women who was kissed on the forehead.

If the shoe fits, it's ugly.

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. --Oprah