Name this quilt

Old August 15th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Default Name this quilt

If the shoe fits
One Shoe Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Never Enough Shoes
Dime a Dance
Cinderella's Closet
Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
Fit For A Queen
The Perfect Shopping Day

Patti in Seattle

Old August 15th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:50:34 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name
ASAP. Why? Because the Challenge Chairman needs to
start making the display cards, etc. The quilt will
feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title
for the quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on
words, or maybe a pun. Any fun ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

That depends on the type of shoe, but here's some songs
These boots were made for walkin'
Blue Suede Shoes (Elvis)
Boot Scootin' Boogie (Dunn?)
New Shoes (by Paolo Nutini) Chorus is something like: Hey, I put my
new shoes on and everything feels all right.
Goodie Two Shoes (Adam Ant)
Boogie Shoes (KC and the Sunshine Band)
My walkin' shoes (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)
Sole Man (twist on song Soul Man)
I'd Walk a Thousand Miles

"Agony of De Feet" might be useful for wacky shaped shoes

Other assorted thoughts:
Concrete shoes
Puss n Boots
Head over (high) heels
sneaky sneakers
flipping over flip flops
Walk a hundred miles in someone else's shoes
march to a different drummer
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old August 15th 07, 08:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Boot Scootin' was sung by Billy Ray Cyrus......

Lots of good ideas happening..... and giving me ideas too........sigh.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Old August 15th 07, 08:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
melinda[_2_]

Pati C. wrote:
Boot Scootin' was sung by Billy Ray Cyrus......

Lots of good ideas happening..... and giving me ideas too........sigh.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

There's a movie called 'Kinky Boots'
The movie is good, English similar feel as The Full Monty
but a completely different story.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol

Old August 15th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

"Dancing In The Moonlight"
Of course.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 15th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

This Quilt Was Made to Travel

Here I Come

Barbara in SC

Old August 15th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Okay, so the quilt is not yet made, but I need the name ASAP. Why? Because
the Challenge Chairman needs to start making the display cards, etc. The
quilt will feature shoes. I would love to come up with a fun title for the
quilt ... maybe a song, or maybe a play on words, or maybe a pun. Any fun
ideas?? Thanks,
PAT in VA/USA

One shoe, two shoe, red shoe, blue shoe (play on the children's book title)

Time wounds all heels

Sole Mates

Shoe and tell (show and tell)

A quilt is worth a thousand shoes

High heels were invented by a women who was kissed on the forehead.

If the shoe fits, it's ugly.

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. --Oprah

Jump rope song:
Cobbler, cobbler, mend my shoe.
Give it one stitch, give it two.
Give it three, give it four.
And if it needs it, give it more.
parody:
Please my dear, quilt a shoe

Old August 15th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Thanks, Val. I had thought of that child's rhyme too,
but couldn't remember the 'other color' .... not blue,
the other one. Since the Warhol inspiration work is
just one blue shoe, I really could have fun with that.
So, are you sure it is red, not green?? I am not
doubting YOU, just verifying this. Thanks!
PAT in VA

Val wrote:

One shoe, two shoe, red shoe, blue shoe (play on the children's book title)

Time wounds all heels

Sole Mates

Shoe and tell (show and tell)

A quilt is worth a thousand shoes

High heels were invented by a women who was kissed on the forehead.

If the shoe fits, it's ugly.

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. --Oprah

........cut.......
Old August 15th 07, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

If this is a test, I'm probably going to be sent to the back of the class -
but, if memory serves - there's a book by Dr Seuss that is the "Foot" book.
We read it dozens of times a day for months when our grandtwins were having
a hard time getting their little mouths and brains to manage the 'F' sound.
I'm thinking that one went:
One Foot, Two Foot,
Red Foot, Blue Foot,
Foot, foot, foot.
It won't bother me one bit to be wrong; just thought I'd toss in a truly
worthless 2¢. Polly

news

Val wrote:

One shoe, two shoe, red shoe, blue shoe (play on the children's book
title)

Time wounds all heels

Sole Mates

Shoe and tell (show and tell)

A quilt is worth a thousand shoes

High heels were invented by a women who was kissed on the forehead.

If the shoe fits, it's ugly.

I still have my feet on the ground, I just wear better shoes. --Oprah