happy dance, with pic

Old August 14th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kratersge

Default happy dance, with pic

I finished a new wall hanging; a "yoga" quilt. It's the first one in
my web page...
http://members.cox.net/kratersge/

My yoga center is having a photo contest for a calendar for 2008; I'm
going to submit this. That was the real deadline -- I needed it done
in time to enter the photo.

susan kraterfield

Old August 14th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Fantastic piece of work Susan. Wonderful. Hope you do well with it in
the photo contest, you most certainly should!
..
In message . com,
kratersge writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 14th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Aug 14, 4:08 pm, kratersge wrote:
I finished a new wall hanging; a "yoga" quilt. It's the first one in
my web page...http://members.cox.net/kratersge/

I love it!!! It's really creative. Beautiful work.

Lynn

Old August 15th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article . com,
kratersge wrote:

I finished a new wall hanging; a "yoga" quilt. It's the first one in
my web page...
http://members.cox.net/kratersge/

My yoga center is having a photo contest for a calendar for 2008; I'm
going to submit this. That was the real deadline -- I needed it done
in time to enter the photo.

susan kraterfield

That's beautiful, Susan!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 15th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

That's really impressive! My favorite colors too.
What do they plan to do with the calendar? Fund-raiser maybe? Your photo
definitely ought to go in! Couldn't imagine anything I'd rather look at for
a month (or a year).
Roberta in D

ups.com...

Old August 15th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Looks great, Susan!

--
Donna in NE La.
ups.com...

Old August 16th 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
kratersge

"kratersge" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:1187122106.327608.202920@e9g2000pr f.googlegroups.com...

I finished a new wall hanging; a "yoga" quilt. It's the first one in
my web page...
http://members.cox.net/kratersge/

My yoga center is having a photo contest for a calendar for 2008; I'm
going to submit this. That was the real deadline -- I needed it done
in time to enter the photo.

susan kraterfield- Hide quoted text -

Not quite a fundraiser; the director says calendars put together by a
group like this really don't make any money because not enough
"outsiders" buy them. I think we're really just hoping to be break
even -- just a group project.

I think I chose those colors because they were *the* colors of my yoga
teacher that day. My daughter saw the design in my WIP album in
webshots before I started and wimpered that she wanted one -- in "her"
colors. That means browns, greens, yellow.

That's tough, though. If you use yellow in a ghost layer; it uses up
the brown for it's dark value so you lose a color. Still need 4
colors with a full value range. Maybe I could do yellow, purple,
green, and orange? Dunno. Orange? Mm. Maybe gold, purple, green,
and tan? The tan & gold would end up pretty close at the dark end,
but maybe one would be colder than the other?

What am I talking about? Stop!!! Too Many!!!

I've just started the Piecemakers train quilt (the "hand project) and
bought the fabric for a new celtic (the machine project). I've made a
couple of celtics, this one is a deep blue/purple hand dye; kind of
like tie dye, with jet black celtic knotwork. The others were all
hand work, this one would use my bernina's applique stitch &
monofiliment but I'll still hand quilt it :-)

susan kraterfield
see my quilts: members.cox.net/kratersge

3/4 Happy Dance. nana2b Quilting 1 December 30th 05 11:24 PM
Happy Birthday to me Happy Dance Jenn Quilting 15 September 17th 05 05:28 PM
Happy, happy, happy, ECSTATIC dance! Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 2 July 29th 05 12:08 AM
Happy Dance for Happy Quilt hfw Quilting 7 March 20th 05 10:04 PM