OT/I got bad news

Old August 14th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
grammykathy

Default OT/I got bad news

Early this morning at about 1AM my youngest son called me and told me
that someone had set fire to their car. It was parked in front of
their house and had both of the grandgirls seats in it. Now they have
no car, no carseats and no way for him to get back and forth to work.

Kathy Dillman

Old August 14th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Connie[_2_]

In article . com,
grammykathy wrote:

Early this morning at about 1AM my youngest son called me and told me
that someone had set fire to their car. It was parked in front of
their house and had both of the grandgirls seats in it. Now they have
no car, no carseats and no way for him to get back and forth to work.

Kathy Dillman

Oh, Good Lord, Kathy, that's terrible! But I AM glad that no one got
hurt.

What about insurance? Usually, auto insurance will give you a rental
and will pay for items damaged in the car. They should read their
policy VERY carefully to see what they've got coming to them.

Also, depending on the state, many state governments offer a "crime
compensation" program - meaning, if they're the victims of a crime,
they can get reimbursed for time lost at work, property damage, etc.

What state do they live in? I don't mind doing the leg work to find out
if their state has a program like that ....

Big hugs, Kathy!! Ya'll are in our thoughts!!

--
Happy quilting & quilty hugs!!
Connie

I've started a FREE eZine ... and I've posted *LOTS* of free applique patterns!
Check it out!
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com/ ----- It's BACK!! AND they APOLOGIZED!
LOL!
Old August 14th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

What kind of car was it? Ford Explorers have been known to spontaneously
combust. Volkswagens (I speak from personal experience here) have been
also. It may not have been arson but faulty engineering. Of course, that
doesn't resolve the problems of no transportation or car safety seats, but
perhaps gives a direction your son can follow to get
assistance/restitution.
ups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

((((Kathy)))) Positive thoughts are on your way for you son and his
terrible predicament.
Glad no one was in/near the car.
ME-Judy

Old August 14th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry. What the hell is wrong with people?! I just don't
understand...
--
Debi

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Old August 15th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Aug 14, 8:07 am, grammykathy wrote:
Early this morning at about 1AM my youngest son called me and told me
that someone had set fire to their car. It was parked in front of
their house and had both of the grandgirls seats in it. Now they have
no car, no carseats and no way for him to get back and forth to work.

Kathy Dillman

Oh nooo! I am so sorry. Remembering what it's like to be a young
family,
I can imagine what a setback this is for them. Prayers offered for
swift replacement.

Sherry

Old August 15th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:07:52 -0500, grammykathy wrote
(in article . com):

Early this morning at about 1AM my youngest son called me and told me
that someone had set fire to their car. It was parked in front of
their house and had both of the grandgirls seats in it. Now they have
no car, no carseats and no way for him to get back and forth to work.

Kathy Dillman

How awful! Do the police have any idea why?

Maureen