Home again.

Old June 25th 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Default Home again.

Olwyn M Riddell wrote:
spampot wrote:

Spam and macaroni salad = healthful meal?

Certainly, provided it is served with green salad or crudites on the
side and followed by fresh fruit, all of which I stock up on when power
outages are predicted.

Haven't you ever heard of pasta salad? This would appear to be another
variant.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Yes, I just never thought of it as healthful. Sorry to tease!
Old June 25th 07, 06:13 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

spampot wrote:
Olwyn M Riddell wrote:
spampot wrote:

Spam and macaroni salad = healthful meal?

Certainly, provided it is served with green salad or crudites on the
side and followed by fresh fruit, all of which I stock up on when
power outages are predicted.

Haven't you ever heard of pasta salad? This would appear to be
another variant.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Yes, I just never thought of it as healthful. Sorry to tease!

Well, a balanced diet requires a certain number of carbohydrates and
fats, as well as fiber and vitamins.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old June 25th 07, 07:21 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jun 25, 1:13 pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:
spampot wrote:
Olwyn M Riddell wrote:
spampot wrote:

Spam and macaroni salad = healthful meal?

Certainly, provided it is served with green salad or crudites on the
side and followed by fresh fruit, all of which I stock up on when
power outages are predicted.

Haven't you ever heard of pasta salad? This would appear to be
another variant.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Yes, I just never thought of it as healthful. Sorry to tease!

Well, a balanced diet requires a certain number of carbohydrates and
fats, as well as fiber and vitamins.

And don't forget, we also ingest an unspecified number of insects
every
day. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old June 25th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Tia Mary

Olwyn Mary wrote:
Tia Mary wrote:
I also make a truly great Spam and macaroni salad .....snip.....

AHEM!!! Recipe please! Remember, I live in hurricane territory and I
ALWAYS have a can of corned beef and a can of Spam on the emergency
shelf, plus I pride myself on being able to serve my family tasty,
healthful meals for at least a week without benefit of electricity.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Recipe????? You're kidding MOI -- right? We don't need no stinkin'
recipe -- LOL! I will e-mail you the recipe -- I don't share this one
with too many people. someday I want to enter the Spam cookoff in
Hawaii and see if I can get beyond the booby prize -- LOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old June 25th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Pogonip

Katherine wrote:
On Jun 25, 1:13 pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:

Well, a balanced diet requires a certain number of carbohydrates and
fats, as well as fiber and vitamins.

And don't forget, we also ingest an unspecified number of insects
every
day. g

Higs,
Katherine

It's protein.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old June 25th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"spampot" ""spampot\"@NO SPAM orph.org" wrote in message

Oh yes, anything that would squish thru holes in crackers was so much fun
to eat we didn't care how it tasted! Margarine on Saltines was my choice
(heaven knew how much sodium per bite)

Erm... I *still* do that with butter on Saltines! ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

And if I still ate cheese whiz I'd still be doing it too. LOL!

Murielle

Old June 25th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
.. .
Tia Mary wrote:
I also make a truly great Spam and macaroni salad that I
usually take to potlucks during the warm months. Of course, I don't
actually *tell* anyone that the meat is Spam -- LOLOL! I just say it is
tinned meat and let it go at that. If someone gets really insistent, I
say it is a type of tinned ham product -- that usually takes care of the
more curious.

AHEM!!! Recipe please! Remember, I live in hurricane territory and I
ALWAYS have a can of corned beef and a can of Spam on the emergency shelf,
plus I pride myself on being able to serve my family tasty, healthful
meals for at least a week without benefit of electricity.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Corned beef I still have and eat. And the family still enjoys rissles (sp).
I don't make them anymore, too time consuming, but I do love a rissle every
now and then.

Murielle

Old June 25th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Olwyn Mary wrote:
Tia Mary wrote:
I also make a truly great Spam and macaroni salad .....snip.....

AHEM!!! Recipe please! Remember, I live in hurricane territory and I
ALWAYS have a can of corned beef and a can of Spam on the emergency
shelf, plus I pride myself on being able to serve my family tasty,
healthful meals for at least a week without benefit of electricity.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Recipe????? You're kidding MOI -- right? We don't need no stinkin'
recipe -- LOL! I will e-mail you the recipe -- I don't share this one
with too many people. someday I want to enter the Spam cookoff in Hawaii
and see if I can get beyond the booby prize -- LOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

LOL! Good luck on that--seriously! It would be so cool to know someone who
one something like that. I love watching the big bake-offs etc. on TV each
year. It's like a two-hour drool-fest. ;-))

Murielle

Old June 26th 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

ravenlynne wrote:

You can buy potted meat in New Orleans. That's where I grew up and we
had it a lot.

Yes indeed. I buy both that and vienna sausages regularly, to donate to
the food pantry collection at church. It seems the homeless people are
very fond of those two, as well as peanut butter, because they can pop
open a can without tools, then spread the contents on bread or crackers
which they also acquired at the food pantry. Of course, those who spend
their days trudging the streets, carrying or pulling all their worldly
goods with them, do not have to worry about the high fat content, they
need all those calories. (And they don't worry about the preservatives,
most of them figure they are going to die young anyway.)

Which part of town are you from?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans