Sewing Machine Ghost, ideas on excorsism and your opinions please

Old November 25th 03, 03:27 PM
Quil

Default Sewing Machine Ghost, ideas on excorsism and your opinions please

I am sewing away just fine at receiving blankets and bibs when I notice that
the top thread is just laying there on the bib, and so I peeked at the the
bottom thread so also see it just laying there. Now the SM was working just
perfectly a few seconds ago.
Then I notice that the thread isn't even going through the needle; it comes
straight out of the top of the SM and goes to the fabric bypassing the
needle. And I know perfectly well that I threaded that needle because (a) I
remeber doing it and (b) I have proof in front of me that shows that the SM
was sewing just a few minutes ago.
How can the thread sew perfectly one minute and then bypass the eye of the
needle the next minute?
I need a strong drink.

cyndi

Old November 25th 03, 03:32 PM
Taria

damaged eye on needle or you already had
a strong drink!
Taria

Old November 25th 03, 03:50 PM
frood

You need to perform the proper ritual with a rotary cutter and a FQ of
fabric. If you don't know the proper ritual, you can send me the FQ, and I
will perform it for you.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old November 25th 03, 04:10 PM
Diana Curtis

You will notice that Wendy never offers to post directions to this elusive
ritual? It must be performed just so to work. Maybe you need to send more
than one FQ to make sure she does it right the first time?
:-)
Diana, who knows but aint tellin' either

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
. com...

Old November 25th 03, 05:08 PM
frood

It's just so hard to translate the ancient languages into ASCII. Plus,
there's hand gestures involved.

--

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
You will notice that Wendy never offers to post directions to this elusive
ritual? It must be performed just so to work. Maybe you need to send more
than one FQ to make sure she does it right the first time?
:-)
Diana, who knows but aint tellin' either

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
. com...

Old November 25th 03, 05:26 PM
Quil

You mean other than the gesture I gave the SM when it died on me in the
middle of a project?

Old November 25th 03, 05:46 PM
Kathy in CA

Know the feeling! My thread always seems to slip off of the thingy that goes
up and down (needle still threaded) so thread gets knotted up at beginning
(both old and newest sm). And dont you hate it when you sew a whole seam
only to find the bobbin is empty

--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old November 25th 03, 09:21 PM
Roberta Zollner

Did you pick up a pack of those needles for the vision-impaired by mistake?
They have a gap in one side for easy threading (and unthreading!)
Roberta in D

Old November 26th 03, 12:02 AM
frood

If your sewing machine dies on you in the middle of the project, you are
definately doing the wrong hand gestures!