A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Quilting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The Ohio Star Quilt

Old May 17th 15, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default The Ohio Star Quilt

I finished my Paisley Churn Dash quilt and had a problem when putting it together. The blue I had made the Churn Dash blocks did not go at all with the Paisley material so I remade those blocks using gold mottled and green. So then brought more material for the blue Churn Dash blocks, so got it finished too. Now have two quilt tops to give to my friend so she can do the other half of these quilts. The quilts are for charity.
A friend sent me an Ohio Star quilt pattern, so this is what I am currently working on. Spent 2 days alone making quarter squares, so lets hope the rest of the quilt comes out ok. The quilt is usually queen size but I have limited space around my sewing machine so am making this one smaller. Half of my blocks will be a combination of blue/white with green centers and green/white with yellow centers. In each of the four corners are 4- 2 1/2 inch different colored squares that have 1 1/2 inch X 4 1/2inch long and 1 1/2 inch X 5 1/2 inch long white strip sewn on two of the sides. One of the lessons I have learned is just to finger press half and quarter squares and not use the iron until the block is all sewn together then squared. Hope you can understand what I am doing here.
Sandy$
Ads